Upgrading old units?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Justicex, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Justicex

Justicex Prince

Can this be done? I coulda sworn at one point I was asked if I wanted to spend some gold to upgrade an outdated unit. Not sure if it was REV of 4 come to think of it.

I just don't understand the concept of having cities defended by archers in the modern age.

I'm talking about a case-by-case basis. I'm not talking about Leonardo's Workshop.

2. KingDerfliw

KingDerfliw Chieftain

There's no way to upgrade units, except through Leo's Workshop - or by using the Germans bonus ability... it kinda sucks.

3. Justicex

Justicex Prince

So to get rid of outdated units, I gotta sacrifice them? Dang. Thanks for the info tho King D :D

4. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

You could be the Germans and automatically upgrade with elite status

5. Carch

Carch Chieftain

On the Xbox & PS3 versions you can sell outdated units and get back a small amount of gold. The DS version lacks that feature.

6. Justicex

Justicex Prince

I'm playing on the ps3. How do I sell the outdated units? I can't find anything anywhere on it :sad:

7. Carch

Carch Chieftain

Well, on the xbox, you click the right stick to do it. I think I remember seeing somewhere it's R3 on the PS3?

In any case, there should be a "view controller map" option in the load/save menu while playing the game. You should be able to find it somewhere in there.

8. Justicex

Justicex Prince

Thanks a bunch!

9. I-am-a-panda

I-am-a-panda

put the magnify glass over a unit and press r3. It'll ask you to demobalize the unit for some gold. you can use this gold to rush a unit. normally 30 gold for a archer army.