1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

upgrading units in armies

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by RS74, Jun 30, 2007.

1. RS74

RS74 Chieftain

my first post here, long time follower havent seen anyone figure out how to load and unload units in armies. Think ive got it figured out. Make armies upgradable to another army type a unit (i used medieval army, lack of creativity)with same shields and everything else expect prerequisite of military tradition with ZERO transport slots and flagged the "medieval army" with ARMY,LEADER, AND BUILD ARMY. When the army is upgraded to medieval army it has no transport ability so the units get kicked out, and the new unit can then produce a new army.
    I apologize in advance if someone figured this out long ago, ive just never seen it.

2. RS74

RS74 Chieftain

Please let me know if helps you, and if someone else has figured out how to upgrade armies already.

3. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

I haven't seen this either, thanks a lot for sharing it, though some people more experienced than me might have known it.

Anyway, this belongs in the Creation & Customization forum. :)

Welcome to CFC!! [party]

4. cometflash

cometflash Prince

Wow that is a great way to start. Welcome to CFC.

:bowdown: Thank you very much for this. I'll definally try, and I didn't know about this at all.

I think this thread would be more helpful in the Creation & Customization section do, as it would be useful to those who make mods/scenarios.

5. dobbles

dobbles Chieftain

I just tested, and it does indeed work. I would have never thought of that... Great suggestion as the conventional wisdom has always been 'once you create an army, you are stuck with it'

6. King Hannibal

King Hannibal Chieftain

great thinking works great