Upsilon_AD-1844_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

Upsilon_AD-1845_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

Upsilon_AD-1846_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

:newyear::xmascheers:

Upsilon_AD-1847_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

Upsilon_AD-1848_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

Upsilon_AD-1849_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

Upsilon_AD-1850_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

I will resign within the game on my next turn. Congratulations on an excellently played match. :clap:

I will resign after Chaz does. It will make it quicker for Ozy to get the win. This was not a fun game for me until towards the very end. I don't remember who I took over for, but his initial 50 moves or so is not how I would have played. I was climbing out of a hole from the very beginning. I knew Chaz was going to attack me even when he was telling me we should attack Inca together. I would have done exactly what Chaz had done. Wipe out my human neighbor when he is weak then go after the AI. But having been attacked, I wanted to make it painful for Chaz. I knew there was no way for me to win, but I wanted the person to attack me to lose. It got fun at the end when I finally got some units to raze a couple of the Japanese cities. Glad it's over though.

Hopefully Psi will start soon :)

Upsilon_AD-1851_to_Ozy1-Asoka-India.CivBeyondSwordSave

Deztro had left Rome in excellent shape which I squandered learning to play Epic. Japan was dominant except being way behind. Japan grew and conquered too much so the overhead was tremendous. I should have played differently when I had a chance to go after Ozy earlier, instead I came to terms. With China next door I was always nervous, though stronger I didn't want to leave him to attack me if I went to war elsewhere. This game was interesting though Ozy's position close to his other half was probably the best place to be. It may have been precarious before I joined the game but the longer he was left undisturbed the stronger he got.
Again well played! :hatsoff:

Yes, both my tribes seemed very slow to get off the ground.

The key time for me was when I needed to push west against the green(?) ai, but couldn't because of D!CK to my south and Dogboy - whose power graph had recently surged - to the east.

I assumed Dogboy was massing for an attack, so I was cranking out knights, but the attack never came and the accommodation over his western experiences was agreed. With all the knights, and the Dutch now in a position to take on D!CK, I was now free to move west.

It was certainly easier in the long term - having reached the agreement between India and Rome to partition the continent - being free to develop the economies and feed Dogboy some troops to avoid both war at all, and also having to fight on two fronts.

However, at the time the Roman troops were moving towards India as it conquered {green ai}, the Dutch were not at war and so had scouts observing the Roman advance. Although I was then behind the Roman economy, I had acquired a number of cannon and was confident of seeing off the first Roman attack. Certainly I expected mass attrition, so the move west would have been slower, but I would have had some advantage in being right up against the war frontier rather than having to move troops first through foreign lands, which might have compensated for my (at that time) poor cash economy.

It would be good to get Psi going, but I first need to fix/replace my PC as this laptop is dire.

Thanks to everyone who took part in this, and especially to those who went beyond the fun barrier to keep it going.

The key time for me was when I needed to push west against the green(?) ai, but couldn't because of D!CK to my south and Dogboy - whose power graph had recently surged - to the east.

I assumed Dogboy was massing for an attack, and was cranking out knights, but the attack never came and the accommodation over his western experiences was reached. With all the knights, and the Dutch now in a position to take on D!CK, I was now free to move west.

The attack was coming. But not with knights, with axemen and horse archers. My plan was to blackmail you into attacking Chaz. I had spies all over your lands and was watching your entire troop movement against the AI to the west. Your India capital was defended by 1 longbowman. Unfortunately it was not on the water, it was one square inland. I build 15 galleys and had to sail them from my eastern waters to my western waters which took a long time. Then I had to build 30 axemen/horsemen. I loaded them in the galleys and was about to transfer them to my Chinese. It would have taken one turn to sail to your cultural boundary which you would see, then on the next turn I was going to declare war on offload 30 troops right next to your capital. That would have given you two turns to move troops to your capital, but all your troops were too far away. I was going to give you an ultimatum, either declare war on Chaz or your capital was going to get razed. With 30 troops (even weak troops) I'm pretty sure I could kill 1 longbowman and the few troops you would have been able to get back to your capital. And if I miscalculated and you were able to get more troops back and my plan failed, then you would be at war with my Chinese...big deal if they get killed off. But the turn before I was going to set sail you put (if I recall correctly) 3 more longbowmen and a knight in your capital. There is no way I could have killed that much. That's when we made a long term peace agreement. The next turn I disbanded my entire army except for MP in my cities and was able to start teching at a bad pace, as opposed to the horribly bad pace I was taching at.

Top Bottom