Urban Logistics

plasmacannon

Emperor
In the Civilopedia under Protective Trait is the phrase "+2 to Urban Logistics."
It is not underlined to learn more, nor have I found an explanation in the Civilopedia.
Does "+2 to Urban Logistics" mean 2% Urban Combat, ie. 2% City Strength?

Also, under the "Administration" tech, it says "+1 Logistics". Is the same?

The Urban Logistics is a feature regarding unit stacking. It is basically implemented as an alternative to the 1UPT. There are two of these features: Urban Logistics for city tiles (i.e. garrison units) and another one, simply named "Logistics" for the field.
Basically, there is a threshold of unit stacking before getting a malus (mainly :strength:). There are many level of maluses, but before getting the first level, the stack has none. That is the Logistics thresholds.
The Logistics Levels are displayed above the unit stats on the inferior left corner of the screen.

When getting more free Logistics points, that means the threshold is pushed higher, allowing bigger stacks either in cities or on the field.

Wow. Ok. TY.
So, Does anyone know what the maximum stack limit is before receiving a malus and before the Logistics bonus is added?
Is it a fixed number like 10 units, an average of their experience levels, or does it change with the Era? It looks like there are techs that increase this limit.

edit: I see the "+2 to Rural Logistics" on the Militaristic Trait now. That must be the one in the field.
Imperialistic has a "+1 to Logistics". Is that for both?

Yes and yes. And you can always check your limits in the tooltip of the logistics bar above unit info on the main screen.

hi

a few questions about logistics (based on SVN form about 3 or 4 days ago)

1) does the AI know about logistics? - there stacks usually seem very big

2) i have a stack with supply probelms 5 and according to the logistics mouseover i should have -25% strength however the info on the actual unit only says its -1% - is this correct and if so how is it calculated?

thanks

Top Bottom