no raging barbs
no tech brokering
All unique features
No blessing of Amathon.
no cultural victory
no time victory
no Acheron
Elohim present (AI)
No opening of major lairs or feature before turn 50.

I'll safe the patch installation files so that new player can come later.
I'll also take all players password to allow replacement.

current roster :
mcwill123 - Palantines/Albrecht ~ 2 PM to 5 PM GMT
Azhral replaced by benana : Scions ~7AM GMT and/or 7PM GMT
Deon : Kandros Fir/Khazad ~19 GMT --
Jarrema Yinxi/Dao ~21 GMT
PPQ_purple replaceced by onemoreturnmike - Verrochio/Mechanos ~22 PM to 1 AM GMT -
OldLion Sidar ~23 PM GMT
cvx : Whatshername/Ilians ~11AM to 2AM GMT

turn 0 - april 3
turn 10 - april 18
turn 17 - mai 9 -- 0,47 wholeturn/day -- 3,29 playerturn/day
turn 27 - june 23 -- 0,28 wholeturn/day -- 1,94 playerturn/day
turn 39 - october 5 -- don't feel like calculating the depressing result.

To make this official:

PPQ_Purple /Race - Mechanos /Leader: Verocchio/ Same Email / Same Password.

Would this be more appropriate in one of the Orbis areas? Anyway, I'd like to try the Palantines with Albrecht as the leader.

About orbis area : it might be more appropriate, but we'll probably have more visibility here for recruiting.
About the delay : let's give ourselve a few day to gain a minimum familirarity with the mod, and recruit a couple more players.

I would like to join this game IF anyone could tell me:
1. How to play PBEM game? what file do I need to send/receive and what I have to do with it?
2. How often are we supposed to play our turns? everyday? every week? (it could be the most important factor in my case)

About the "how" :
very easily : when you press "end of turn" the game generates a saved game that you just have to send to the next player.

about the how often :
We have to aim at a everyday basis : if you can't realistically expect to play at least 6 day a week, please don't join

(a 450 turn gam on a one turn by week basis would last... 9 years !:crazyeye:)

Ok, I understand... So, it will be 7 turns a week?
I will re-estimate my amount of free time and make final decison...
What happens when a player misses a single turn of game (like if I cannot play on Saturday for example)?
When are You expect the game will start? When I must make my final decision?

EDIT: And, could anyone point me a good place where I can read something more about Orbis (not the forum of this modmod, it's so chaotic...)? I have played it for a few times, but I suppose there is a lot to learn about it that I did not understand by now

That I am looking for my self. But to no avail.

Also, can I suggest that we disable the Cultural and Time victories.

Cultural is just to easy to get on Fast and everyone would go for it and Time would just make our game end after a set amount of turns.

I mean, what is the point of playing something for a year or two if you don't get to finish it because of some stupid turn counter?

PPQ, IF I would play, I would like to have time and cultural victories disabled like You

(and I almost convinced myself, that I shoud give it a try. I will have a lot of time in summer and autumn, and I hope that during spring turns would be really short)

Trust me, 1 turn a day is really short. I mean hell, when have you ever seen a game turn last for more than like 10 minutes. And 10 minutes a day is not that bad.

The only problem will be if some of us have to go on vacation or something.
This might cause problems for us during the holiday seasons.

I'm ok for the turn counter.
I don't know about cultural victory ? I'mnot used to quick games. Is it really a game breaker ?
I have no objection, though.

No real docs, so I played to get a feel.
I found something about Acheron.
I conquered his city, wich was then the founding city of "cult of the dragon".
The religion started to spread in my empire, which was fine.

but then the same religion was founded by the Tlalac, and they sudently had the new "founding city".
Annoying.
Maybe if we revote I'll go for no Acheron.

So, I only need to know what happens, when I cannot play for one day...
And, what will happen when my summer holidays will start, and I'll be without a net access for a week or two... (this will almost certainly happen, but will happen once - probably at august)

If you're away, the game will freeze until you come back

If that's not to often and we are warned, no problems.
also, we probably will all have to be away from computer from time to time. No problem. just warn the others.

But if someone keeps being unreasonnably late or dissapears for long without information, we might decide to dump him.

that's why I want to collect the game passwords. I want to be able to replace a player.

Ok

so... sign me in. I will play some games today/tommorow, and then tell which civ I would like to play

Its not so much of a game breaker but it is much easier than the other conditions:

1. Spread your religion over a huge mass of cities
2. Conquer the world
3. Conquer most of the world
4. Spread hell to the whole world
5. Get a huge amount of great prophets
ect.

As opposed to:
Get 3 cities to high culture

Another question: are we playing with or without AI civilisations? why?

Another question: are we playing with or without AI civilisations? why?

I like to play on at least a normal map. Bigger is longer, so not really an option in PBEM.
I'd tend to fill in the bank with AI, in order to have a decent level of interaction.
(up to 8 civilization, so depending on the number of human players)

but it is a personnal choice I'm readu to discuss, not a policy.
(I have few set policies in fact. I'm ready to negociate most parameters.)

Top Bottom