1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

URV for 1.15

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by adhiraj.bose, Jan 28, 2019.

1. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

Hi, I'm attempting URV victories, my last attempt as Arabs for islamic URV was a failure because I didn't conquer through Europe before they got to colonizing. So I want to try out easy but fun URVs to begin with. Any recommendations and guides for them ?

2. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

Hm, I have Islam, pagan(polynesians) and Orthodoxy so far, the latter two are rather easy imo.

I heard protestantism and secularity are hard. Um, there once was a thread where the OP creator had played them all. Can't find it right now .

3. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Phoenician Paganism is also pretty easy. Got it without even trying.

4. iMuffin

iMuffin Regretful of Username

I did Zoroastrianism (as Persia, obviously) a few months back. I had a good, Persia is a strong civ and it's fun to take them into modern times. I think I completed it in the late 1800's
    Some tips:
    - Be prepared for the scripted invasions (Greece, Rome, Turks)
    - Know who spawns where and when around you (Turks, Arabs, Mughals, Ottomans), so you can prepare your armies accordingly and conquer them swiftly
    - Build lots of cathedrals in your capital for that sweet 50% culture bonus
    - Persecute as much as you can to keep the percentage of Zoroastrianism up
    maybe most importantly:
    -Have fun, because it is a game

If you want a really easy ride, Polynesia is very easy. I completed it a few times by accident when I wanted to do the UHV.

Rodnok likes this.
  5. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

Is there a way to achieve the Islamic UHV after the Europeans colonize? The highest I could get it to was 34% - 36%...

6. iMuffin

iMuffin Regretful of Username

I imagine you could try and colonize the America's before they do? That way, you might get the postcolonial civs to be Islamic

Oblivionyx likes this.
  7. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

The Hindu URV looks like it would be easy. It's heavy on great people, but that shouldn't be a problem as India. They have the extremely fertile Indus and Ganges rivers, so what could go wrong?

I'm going to try it.

8. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

Here's a thought.. what about doing the Islamic URV as Spain ? or any other colonizing European civ. Seems like a fun idea to try out, especially as Spain.

black213 likes this.
  9. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

The 40% spread seems easy that way, yeah. But getting Islam in the first place, then conquering Mekka, settling a bunch of great people there and conquering four more shrines, seems not to be something that is easy for the colonialists. Achievable, but comparatively hard.

1SDAN likes this.
  10. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

My thoughts exactly ! Its a fun challenging game, but its doable. With Spain I think there is a good shot at getting the Levant and Mecca, then Rome and a Protestant city. That would make 5 shrines. Taking the protestant shrine could be part of the overall UHV strategy too. Stability would be a problem though.

11. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Try a Jewish URV with Arabia.

12. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

That'll be trippy !

I tried a pagan URV with China. The hardest bit is still the 15 pagan temple. It seems a bit luck based. Is there a guaranteed way to get it that doesn't just ruin your economy by trying to establish 15 cities ?