[US Army] Special Deluxe

Flintlock1415

Emperor
Okay... Phew.
Download
I just finished my new unit; a US Army flavored Special Deluxe. This unit is a 40's era Chevy Special Deluxe with a Marine using AsioAsioAsio's Thompson Machine Gun. (Big thanks to him!) This isn't an accurate unit AFAIK, but it looks cool :D .

I've learned a lot while making this unit, and I'm slowly improving my Blender skills. Hopefully I can start cranking out more art and improve my graphical skills (so that I'm ready for BTS modding!) The UV editing on this was a b*tch, so if anyone has any tips, shout 'em out!

This unit uses marine animations, and an fscale of 0.4. The fact that this uses marine animations, there is a glitch on the unit death where the marine falls through the back of the vehicle. (But otherwise it looks cool! :p ) I plan on changing the death animation in the future as well as adding damage states.

NEW: 3/27/09
Download
I made a Mobster unit out of my car. Thanks to Mechaerik for his marine CEO! I gave him pinstripes & a fedora that I modeled. I added a round clip also by Asiox3 that I took from his ppsh gun, alongside a black car texture. The hat kind of roles around funny, but its not too noticeable.

What do you guys think? :)

Not nessecarily; i made a unit that uses the CEO, but marine animations. It's pretty sweet, and if you put it here, it could be a gangster unit.

Not nessecarily; i made a unit that uses the CEO, but marine animations. It's pretty sweet, and if you put it here, it could be a gangster unit.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't really know where it would be used, but that'd be a cool unit.

I could upload it later today; i have the standard one and one with a black suit, the classic bond villain.

Creative. Could you do the same for a WW2 half-track to make it look like a guy is shooting while it drives?

Here you go:

EDIT: For some reason it didn't attach the first time.

Attachments

• CEO Version.zip
    278.2 KB · Views: 43
Great, Thanks! :goodjob: I'll give it a black texture and check it out. Now all we need is a Tommy Gun and it would be awesome. Is there one around on the site? (I couldn't find one. :( )
EDIT: Just found out I don't have school for the rest of the week due to the flood watch! I'm not in danger so its okay, but I'll be doing some sandbagging most likely. Sorry for the randomness, but I'm kind of excited!

I took some screenies of the gangster unit with my gray car skin against the US army version. I'll release it with a black skin and (hopefully) a tommy gun later.
Check it out! :cool:

Attachments

• US v. Gangster.png
    US v. Gangster.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Dead Gangster.png
    Dead Gangster.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 101
That looks awesome, if we can get some pinstripes and a fedora that'd be really cool.

I'd also suggest making the "sunroof" sqaure-shaped too.

I took some screenies of the gangster unit with my gray car skin against the US army version. I'll release it with a black skin and (hopefully) a tommy gun later.
Check it out! :cool:

Looks pretty good - though I think getting rid of (part of) the roof will give it less of a toy car/freak accident look.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom