US Capitol Breached

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to me the people are taking their government back. mostly peacefully. there is some rare cases of hooliganism just like there was during the antifa and blm protests.

It really is telling how easy these folks are getting off compared to other protestors, and the incessant "both sides are equally bad" from certain types of onlooker. A complete lack of context being applied by those who judge other protestors far more harshly.

If this were an armed, predominantly black mob storming the legislature about an issue of racism, the response would be using live ammunition by now.

US has too much drama. It's clear this stunt won't change anything, so might as well move on.
Afaik Trump already tweeted something along the lines of "the election got stolen, but now you should just go back to your house" etc. Which is lame, but what else could one expect :)

Maybe not all members of Lord's Resistance Army chop people up, recruit underage boys as soldiers, keep underage girls as sex slaves, burn down villages after looting all their supplies, and other atrocities, but if they don't, they're still tarred with a bad brush. While not NEARLY so extreme, anyone who becomes a member of such a group can be judged by the company they keep and the ideological reasons one joins such a group. I thought you were more educated and knowledgeable than this.
Remember what you said about hyperbole being bad? Comparing people to the Lord's Resistance Army in any kind of analogy is more hyperbole. I don't care that you then qualify it as not being "nearly so extreme", the point is the LRA is the reference you chose, when there are hundreds more appropriate to choose from. Completely devoid of the context of the two groups not being in any way comparably extreme, by your own admittance.

But hey, I'm knowledgeable enough to know how this goes. Can't fault me for trying :)

US has too much drama. It's clear this stunt won't change anything, so might as well move on.
Afaik Trump already tweeted something along the lines of "the election got stolen, but now you should just go back to your house" etc. Which is lame, but what else could one expect :)
The twitter link I posted has that message

seems to me the people are taking their government back. mostly peacefully. there is some rare cases of hooliganism just like there was during the antifa and blm protests.

So you support terrorists and traitors staging a coup?

I'm feeling a bit like Sheldon today...his post wasn't sarcasm?

its overwhelmingly a peaceful protest. we may not like it but its something we have to accept. thats just part in parel of living in a representative democracy.

The twitter link I posted has that message

I think that twitter already flagged the post as "fake" or something like that. Not sure if one can read it by clicking on the link. But others would have posted it elsewhere anyway.
The whole thing isn't important, cause the US isn't likely to just hold the elections again, so it's all posturing.

My take is that all the insurrectionists in the building should just be shot dead.

I saw how the civil war unfolded in Ukraine. It was bad and it remains bad. I'm sure you believe in what you are saying, but I've seen this before. Thats all I want to contribute.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain.

seems to me the people are taking their government back. mostly peacefully.
You know, most people call that ‘winning the election’.

My take is that all the insurrectionists in the building should just be shot dead.
Don't make martyrs of them that way.
Swap them for the untried inmates of Gitmo, who get a presidential pardon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom