1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

US Capitol Breached

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cheetah, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Freedom is the absence of coercion or constraint, rioting is both. But I've heard that argument before from right wing defenders of the drug war, we dont have the freedom to use pot because freedom comes with responsibility. Ofc they're the people who get to decide when we no longer deserve our freedoms.

Unless he executive orders mandating gun buy backs I doubt we'll see many riots. I think the teapot blew off its steam with this one. Once Joe gets settled it'll be over, politically motivated riots are best before elections.

Voila! Democracy restored

Because the alternative is worse. The threat to leftists comes from corporate Democrats and guess who is pushing big tech to censor people. I got my information about Russiagate from the left, it was Glenn Greenwald, Aaron Mate and Jimmy Dore who clued me into what the Dems were doing. I agree both parties will stop any effort at reigning in corporate power.

I was there... I watched you do it, man... I doubt we'll see you quoting MLK about how riots are the voice of the unheard.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

No new laws are required. The 14th amendment already provides a mechanism to remove and bar traitors from serving in the federal government, Congress merely has to act.

TBH I think it's a tough case to make for most of the ~140 odd congresscritters that voted to overturn the EC count. There are some though where it is pretty straightforward like Trump, Cruz and Hawley. It comes down to what they said and when they said it.

Cruz in particular went full incitement in the past week and called for people to rise up at rallies in Georgia and elsewhere. Then of course Trump is also quite obvious guilty of insurrection. The rest are less obviously guilty - and to be honest I doubt most of them truly wanted or even expected this outcome, they just pushed it for political expediency.

Not everyone who yells fire in a theater means to cause a lethal stampede either, yet they are held accountable for it. The same is true here - actions have consequences and they must be held to account for the blood on their hands and the attempted coup they inspired and/or lead.

Estebonrober likes this.
  3. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

The ones that argue for more government control were never liberals anyways, just ****heads of a different color, as The Wizard of Oz goes. The ones that aren't arguing for it aren't arguing for it.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

This is a lie. Just more of your endless strawmanning as usual.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  5. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

At least under Biden there'll be no need for BLM or Antifa riots, cause everything will be fair.

6. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I've said it before and will say it again, lethal force should have been used against every single one of them. It's hard to overstate just how much I hate them, but what pisses me off the most is their audacity to chant "USA USA" and wave the American flags while committing treason and a major act of terrorism against the country. At least the terrorists on 9/11 didn't pretend to be on our side.

7. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

That much was obvious when we saw Fatsputin next to the Viking.

Where are you getting the idea DC statehood is unconstitutional? The constitution has a procedure for how Congress adds new states.

Where are you getting this enabling act from? The people who tried to storm congress to disrupt/prevent the certification of a lawful election -and quite likely intended physical harm- broke any number of federal crimes and quite rightly deserve to have the book thrown at them. What sort of "enabling act" is being talked about. If anything, the talk is about a dis-enabling act, taking powers away from the executive because the legislature - you know, the elected representatives of the people - believe the executive cannot be trusted.

aelf and hobbsyoyo like this.
  8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

@caketastydelish
    I used to work at a place where we used to chant USA! after every launch and they made us stop because they said it made us look bad to foreigners on livestream.

I hated that decision at the time.

I agree with it now. :-(

caketastydelish likes this.
  9. Arwon

Arwon

The people living in all the territories should have the right to vote for representatives like I do in my territory, pretty straightforward

10. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Why are you like this?

Birdjaguar, aelf and Gorbles like this.
  11. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

That's only because you're young enough to be this <expletive> stupid. It's a luxury that will wear off. Promise. I take no joy in that promise. Just, you know, start getting yourself ready, mentally, for actual hate and pain. It will come. This isn't it.

Moderator Action: That will be enough flaming for now. --LM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2021
  12. Kyriakos

Wasn't DC set this way exactly so as to not be part of the state drama?
    Besides, is it even a real city? Doesn't a very high percentage of state employees live there?

1 I think it is true (that errors lead to more errors and to worse outcome)
    2 Distance makes it easier for me to say

13. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Why wouldn't they deserve it?

14. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Almost nobody does. Regardless of your hate. Or mine. Even if it's bone deep.

15. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

That is subjective.

16. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

May you be lucky, then.

17. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Because in Greece tax fraud is a national sport, and he is angry that Trump blew them all out of the water.

EdmundIronside and aelf like this.
  18. Kyriakos

So just cause you don't like my posts, you post some racist stuff against an entire country. Not imbecilic at all, dear nazi :)

Ferocitus likes this.
  19. Arwon

Arwon

In most federations, the capital is in a separate district, but the residents have members representing them in the federal legislature just like everyone else.

... and why do you think is it justified to disenfranchise people based on their job?

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  20. Kyriakos

It's not unlikely that people employed in the government, will vote to maintain the current government.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.