US Debt Clock

MrPopov

King
Regardless of your political ideology, this is horrible. Look how much is spent just on interest!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The only good thing I see here is credit card debt is decreasing :p

Regardless of your political ideology, this is horrible. Look how much is spent just on interest!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The only good thing I see here is credit card debt is decreasing :p

We should cut the Defense budget to pay for Social Security and Medicare.

We should cut the Defense budget to pay for Social Security and Medicare.
If you want a band-aid and not a solution, sure.

--

And I take issue with the chart's definition of bailouts, but that's a rant for another day.

If you want a band-aid and not a solution, sure.

This is America, we only band-aid things until the last minute. We will continue to put band-aids on until we run out of bandages and all that we have applied are soaked in blood from our financial jugular!

Looking at the spending per citizen, I'm surprised it's as low as it is ($8,383). All things considered, it's not that much money, especially for the privilege of living in a modern industrialized nation. I'm assuming that includes children and such, so per worker it's significantly higher, but still.

If we had government run death panels we wouldn't be in this mess. Face it your grandma sucks, let us kill her for the good of the nation. Either that or drop them all off in war zones with arsenic laced sugar cookies to give to our enemies so we can cut our war, social security, and medicare budgets

Consider how much of that spending is just on interest though. It shows 307 Billion in interest payments. That could be a huge public works program, $1,000 to every citizen (or some other appropriate tax rebate/cut), a huge investment to improve education across the board, etc.

Lets kill Medicare part D (the drug plan)

If we had government run death panels we wouldn't be in this mess. Face it your grandma sucks, let us kill her for the good of the nation. Either that or drop them all off in war zones with arsenic laced sugar cookies to give to our enemies so we can cut our war, social security, and medicare budgets
This solution makes me hot in the pants.

End the Wars on Nouns.

Top Bottom