1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

US debt deal clinched

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FriendlyFire, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I'd like to see them try and pay off this debt.

Its too bad the Canadian economy will be screwed when the US goes under.

2. amadeus

amadeus Civ2 / Law and Order!

To answer your question: no.

3. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

Comprimise tends to leave both parties pissed.

4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

The "compromise" fails to cut defense spending enough. I do not support this, and neither do House Progressives. Try again McConnell and Boehner.

5. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

If neither party can claim a win, then both come out equally behind. And Washington knows the worst that will happen is depressed voter turnout. Not like a third party will rise.

6. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

Part of compromise is everyone pitches in. So, really, cutting social spending AND defense spending is a compromise, unlike just cutting one or the other...

Frankly I'm amazed defense wasn't an easier target, since Medicare's the bulk of the deficit issue in the long term.

7. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

Looks like rich people win again.

8. Snorrius

Snorrius Le libre-penseur

9. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

The HELL? I guess he's not President anymore?

10. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I like Obama and I think the Republicans are batspit insane. But at some point, you just have to say it. Obama is a poor president.

11. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

If Obama was just going to cave to all republican demands anyway, he could have done that a while ago and spared us a all a whole lot of sound and fury.

12. Ahovking

Ahovking Cyber Nations

the USA has $14 trillion in debt and needed to cut 4 trillion for it to make any differences to the USA economy and a chance to get in control of their debt............when i saw they would cut 1 trillion i laugh, the USA will lose their Triple A rating mark my words

13. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

”Honey, you should have seen me with the Republicans, I … no, but I came so close. These guys were as … Whose voice is that? Is that Mitch McCo-? … Aw, you said it was over … No, don’t put him on — Hello, Mitch, h-hi.”

14. Askthepizzaguy

Askthepizzaguy Know the Dark Side

Y'all can point all the fingers you like at Obama. He does not control the Congress, and Republicans own half of it, and wouldn't pass anything unless it didn't include tax increases.

You can blame yourselves for voting in the Republicans. Why don't you all just get angry and give them the Senate and the presidency too?

Democrats: COMMANDERS of shooting yourselves in the foot and then blaming the leaders of parties you either voted out of power or into a shared power situation. You deserve what you get.

15. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Don't blame me, I didn't vote. :smug:

16. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

Dude, they had the Senate, House, Presidency, and momentum from 2008 to 2010. What do we need to do for the Democratic party to grow a spine, given them 80% majorities in both the House and Senate and kidnap the remainder of Congress?

No matter what you give these people, they're bullied into giving it up.

17. Askthepizzaguy

Well, I did vote.

You know, when the Democrats had control of the house, the Senate, and the white house, things were getting done.

Then, people were all like "no, we can't have that, it's too..... orderly and efficient."

I have an idea! Let's let the Republicans prevent all progress from happening unless everything goes their way and they won't compromise even a little bit! :rolleyes:

What the heck did anyone vote for Democrats for, then? You want Republicans, vote for Republicans, and then shut up about how bad the country is doing. You get what you vote for. You voted for a divided government, and the Republicans are currently beholden to the asinine tea party wackos who got voted into office, making the Republicans even less reasonable than before.

This is what you get. This is what you wanted. It must be nice to be able to blame Obama for this, seeing as it allows folks to avoid all responsibility for their split personality voting policy.

Let's see.... Republicans suck at their job, so do Democrats, so the only thing we can do is make sure both parties have power, so they can BOTH suck TWICE AS HARD.

18. Askthepizzaguy

I watched it. You know what happened when "the Democrats" controlled everything? They had to water down all their legislation to appease the conservative Democrats and those recently elected in Republican districts due to the backlash against Bush and the Republican mess. They were basically centrists or right-leaning Democrats at best.

These were Democrats, because it said so next to their name. Not because they lifted a finger to advance the Democratic agenda. And we'll see how long they hold office after being a milquetoast Democrat in a Republican leaning area. They'll have no Democrats supporting them, and any Republican would rather have a real Republican instead of a spineless Democrat in office.

The mushy middle Democrats are just Republicans who pretended to be Democrat to get elected in conservative areas. It's not like these were liberals.

You want a democrat, get yourself an actual liberal democrat, who will actually push a liberal policy. You want a conservative, vote Republican.

19. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

He's inept and spineless, like the rest of the Democrats.

20. Newbunkle

Newbunkle Muppet

So I bought all this popcorn for nothing?