US Jet Fighter YF-23

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
I converted my YF-23 from Civ4 to Civ5!

thanks to danrell and Nutty

I made this a single unit mod

Just open zip and drag YF23 file to your mod folder.

The stats are the same as the jet fighter IIRC so it really just adds flavor.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21083

Nice unit Ekmek! How did you get NexusBuddy and the other Indie tools working ? mine are crashing when I try to launch them :(

Can this texture be used in the Vanilla? I'm asking because this thread's title has [G&K] on it.

Can you post the graphics? I don't see a Mod download that has it o a graphics download link.

Nice unit Ekmek! How did you get NexusBuddy and the other Indie tools working ? mine are crashing when I try to launch them :(

my tools work fine. What are system are you using? Are you running the indietools for x86 folder where nexus is?

And will you convert more units ? :)

yes. I have two more planned and working farm graphics.

Thanks for the link.:goodjob::thumbsup:

my tools work fine. What are system are you using? Are you running the indietools for x86 folder where nexus is?

Win 7 64 and yes the indietools are installed in the x86 folder from nexus.

Nexusbuddy was crashing at start but it's ok now. I changed the path in the registry and it's working. I though I did before but it may have been on another installation of win.
Sorry to have bothering you with this.

By the way if you find some time : could you convert the F4 Phantom, the Mirage and the rafale from Civ 4 ? :)

I've noticed somethings that may need to be fixed in this unit:

1) The jet itself doesn't require aluminium or doesn't upgrade from the regular fighter,
2) Well, as I said it doesn't upgrade from the regular fighter.

It seems odd that you'd make a new jet fighter unit with the same stats and more or less the same free promotions without having it replace the regular jet fighter.

Just saying, I'll change some of the stats like having it require aluminium, then give a game a try.

I've noticed somethings that may need to be fixed in this unit:

1) The jet itself doesn't require aluminium or doesn't upgrade from the regular fighter,
2) Well, as I said it doesn't upgrade from the regular fighter.

It seems odd that you'd make a new jet fighter unit with the same stats and more or less the same free promotions without having it replace the regular jet fighter.

Just saying, I'll change some of the stats like having it require aluminium, then give a game a try.

I see. I mostly made the mod for testing. I'll upload it but make it a graphic replacement for f-22. thanks.

I think that this mod as a sperate unit would be great. It would give diversity in one's air force meaning that you won't have the jet fighter and the bomber. I think that giving this unit different qualities in/for future version would give it a specific goal as a unit. An example being that the regular jet fighter can specialize in interception, this one can be a jet fighter bomber, raising city strength down for the land units. As this one doesn't have the 50% damage cutback, it'll do great in this sense.

More thoughts would be making a navy specific jet fighter that has combat bonuses vs. naval units or cities located on the coast or a specific number of tiles away from a coast.

PS. Have you received my message about converting the aircraft carrier to a Civilization V model?

Ok, just knowing that you know about the message is good. Take your time, who knows, a good Cold War mod/modern day could use that model.

So this for Vanilla, I just made a few myself. It looks great, I love the model and how it's different than the generic Civilization V jet fighter. (Although I have a Mig 29 for my model...) Future variants of jet fighters would be great for mods that can be made, keep it up.

thx man, this is my first G&K unit
but 1 is not enough, plz making some more fighter and other units too

Top Bottom