1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

US Midterms - Predictions and Aftereffects

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tani Coyote, Oct 30, 2010.

1. DinoDoc

DinoDoc Deity

I wonder if that WH job is still open for Sestak?

2. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

We do that?

3. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

I don't understand how you can't understand it. The economy sucks and the party that is in hasn't "fixed" it. This type of thing seems to be quite common in electoral democracies.

4. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Pretty close, but the Dems control the Senate.

Rossi and Murray are pretty close too.

5. amadeus

amadeus Serenity now!

FNC reporting Toomey in PA, Kirk in IL winning.

6. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

Obama's seat goes to the republicans :)

7. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

What a shock ;)

8. History_Buff

History_Buff Knight of Cydonia

Most definitely. We do it too. It rarely happens in big criminal cases, since the law is usually very specific on those areas, but with the less pressing issues it happens from time to time. An international precedent also has a lot less force than a national one, but if the Court has very little to go on, they can choose to go with it.

Back in my land law days we looked at quite a few cases where Canadian courts pulled law from the US or Australia, and I can recall at least two cases of American courts pulling law from The White Dominions.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

dammit, I want election results now!! :) It's funny how we live in a instant gratification society.

I couldn't imagine living in the 18th century. Didn't it take like weeks for them to count all the results back in those days?

You'd think with computers (my state uses voting machines), they'd have the votes counted by now.

10. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

And weeks to get them out to the peasants public once all the votes are counted. :D

11. SerriaFox

SerriaFox King

In 100% of precincts? With or with out paper printout?

12. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

oh... they have already been counted, don't you worry :devil:

13. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

Welcome to Corporate Ohio™

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/article/20101102/UPDATES01/101103001/-1/newsfront2

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Congratulations to Harry Reid. I really thought this would be closer. His 1998 election was extremely close. The polls a couple days ago showed Angle up by 4 points. And Reid just blows her away.

Fox news is projecting Harry Reid as the winner. I kind of knew it would happen, but in a way I was rooting for the underdog. But the dems had a huge push in Vegas to get the Mexicans to vote. And they almost always vote Democrat. Little do they know how the democratic regime uses social programs to keep the poor unable to to support themselves and completely dependent on government aid to survive. Thus ensuring they always have to vote democrat for fear of losing their aid.

15. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Fox News just called Nevada for Reid.

It was a lose-lose situation in that race.

16. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

I would rather have Feingold than Reid. Can we cut a deal?

17. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

It's official: The Republicans have captured the House.

18. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

No surprises here. GOP takes back House, Senate remains in DEM hands. Which bodes badly for Obama, as he will have a more difficult time pinning the GOP for possible future failures than Clinton, who had both chambers against him. And that Reid keeps his seat inevitably means he will remain the face of the Senate, which is not a pretty one indeed.

Great for the country; a split government is something I love and look forward to only well-thought out bills of bipartisan nature getting anywhere. Fantastic.

Looking forward to coming home and taunting some of my friends and neighbors. Now if Arizonans can give Grijalva the boot my morning will be complete.

Congrats America....nice to see a good even split. Let the good legislation begin!

PS--Heck, I'm fine with having Obama around for 20 years. Keep the house or senate under the GOPers. Everything will then be great.

19. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

I doubt it.

20. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Well, it's awesome that we had another peaceful election in America ( USA #1!!! ), but I cannot say I am thrilled at my races. Ike lost, and that's like losing a family elder. And while my Senator won that I voted for, I wasn't bursting with excitement to vote for Blunt, so meh there. And how in the frak does my State vote down a bill that is against puppy mills??? Oh well, nighty night America. Perhaps I'll wake up tomorrow to morning in America and Reagan back in the White House, and realize these last 2.5 decades have just been a dream.