1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

US Midterms - Predictions and Aftereffects

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tani Coyote, Oct 30, 2010.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Their going to cut taxes and regulation
    (Its the GOP its what they do)

2. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

Sounds about right.

3. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

Well aware. :p

I've known Communists who deride labor unions as being just as much tools of oppression as the business elites they are supposed to fight. Could be that the leadership seems to have generous pay packages in some cases... fight the original monied class but join their ranks. Today's liberators are tomorrow's oppressors indeed.

Never mind that capitalists aren't asses, neither are workers. People are. Regardless of which walk of life they occupy, come from, or will be in.

Politics as usual explains why some such as yourself are apathetic about it to begin with.

4. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

I would think that me saying that corporate interests are dumping more money implies that I understand they have more money to work with... but I guess not.

And yes, really.

5. Azale

Azale Deity

But I thought the issue was that the GOP shadow-PAC groups contributions are not traceable? Nobody knows where the money is coming from and who is influencing their elected representatives.

6. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

I'm not saying the labor unions today are 100% awesome, but they are clearly better than giant multi-national corporations.

Corporations aren't people. They're machines which exist to profit by any means necessary.

7. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

No, any Liberal who has followed American politics would think that.

No, you cut spending which means slowly phasing out Social Security through the next few decades, cutting welfare, and cutting military. Cutting welfare is actually pretty important. It would make people not depend on the government to give them a free check. Your assuming that most welfare recipients are not responsible for their own situations, I do not agree with your assessment at all. I don't see anything immoral for cutting welfare. You can also cut government. There are many positions in government that are pretty much useless.

No, your wrong. Conservatives would cut welfare and make people fend for themselves. It is not the government's job to provide you a paycheck.

You have to put a severe liberal tint on everything don't you? Maybe its just the way you see it. Regulating the number of jobs is regulating the economy and finance. You cannot in anyway guarantee that there is enough jobs for everyone. Conservative policy does not re-distribute wealth. True conservatives were against bailing out the finance sector, Bush just went against the conservative sentiment.

Conservatism calls for the government to not bail out corporation and not spend much welfare money on individuals. Its simply makes everyone fend for themselves.

8. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

No bother FAL. Cutlass is a good and decent guy, he's just mad cause Reagan fired him out of the air traffic control tower.

I know he was an air traffic controller. It all makes sense.

9. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

Nope - legislature went Republican.

But it looks like Emmer is going to be beaten.

10. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Was my sarcasm in that post lost?

I agree completely. All those people that ended up broke due to having to pay health care costs when they or their relatives got cancer are entirely responsible for their own situations.

11. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

They need to be for the sake of continuity of the company.

But pray tell oh sarcastic one, what other major motivations do you believe Corporations have?

12. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

13. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

No, again, it's a matter of being objective. Only someone blinded by ideology would not see it.

So are you arguing that that $10trillion added to the deficit for no reason at all and the subsequent economic collapse Republicans caused were because of responsible actions?

The voters would never accept getting rid of SS.

There are not as many jobs as there are potential workers. Ever. What are all those people who will not be able to find jobs do?

As homeless people and criminals.

Conservative policy made all the new money earned in the country over the past 30 years go to just a minority of the population. It's the biggest redistribution of wealth outside a communist revolution in history.

The No True Scottsman fallacy in action. Conservatives do these things. Therefor they do these things.

14. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

Fun Fact: Nearly 66% of all Tea Party endorsed candidates LOST last night, even though this was the biggest Republican wave year in history.

Also, if it wasn't for party nutjobs running crazy people in Colorado (which, along with Nevada is a great case study of my GOP theory I made back in 2008), Delaware and Nevada...the Republicans would also control the Senate.

15. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

Woah. That explains everything. You can't really blame him.

16. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Now that's an ad hominem.

17. DinoDoc

DinoDoc Deity

I didn't know gay people were that stupid.

Moderator Action: Not appropriate, not funny, not on topic.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

18. DinoDoc

DinoDoc Deity

Anyway:
    Overall, voters came down firmly against expanded government: 56 percent told exit pollsters that the government is doing too may things better left to business and individuals;38 percent say the government should do more to solve problems.
    Exit poll: priorities for the next Congress

19. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

mmm, i love completely contradictory results

20. Miles Teg

Miles Teg Nuclear Powered Mentat

Yeah, but would the GOP have won in Illinois, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin without all the nutjob Tea Partiers? I'm skeptical of claims that the Tea Party hurt Republicans at the polls this year.