US version of CiV playable in Aus/NZ ?

Revoran

Prince
Trying to bypass the absurd prices for both physical game copies and digital downloads of CiV in Australia, I pre-ordered a box copy (No Babylon but I don't care as they'll likely be in paid DLC somewhere along the line) from ozgameshop.com - a UK online store which offers free shipping to Australia and New Zealand. I paid $40 AUD for it.

Later, I noticed that the version I had ordered (which is probably already on it's way) is the US version which was clearly stated on the game's page. Any word on whether Steam will let me play it here in Australia, or if they won't - is there a solution?

I really don't want to have to go down to the store and pay $99 AUD ($94 USD) for the game or $80 AUD ($77 USD) on Steam.

Well, I've bought it from ozgameshop.com and am waiting for it to arrive. I already have a Steam account so I don't see a problem with installing Civ V and then adding it to Steam manually.

And if it becomes a problem because it is a U.S. version from an Australian IP, then I at least I hope I can just verify the game so I can set Steam to offline and play offline.

IIRC, the only time where you purchase a game is a problem is trying to purchase a game in a different territory through Steam itself i.e. You cannot buy a U.S. version through the U.S. version of Steam when you're located in Australia or Europe. I don't know about gifting through Steam though and territories.

My gf bought Civ V through Steam and she's pissed off with the price difference between here and overseas. No real reason for it tbh.

I'm fairly confident there will be no problem. Ozgameshop is set up specifically to sell to Aussies/Kiwis so it'd be a big muck up on their part if the version they're selling couldn't be used.

Hey, our copies of the game may be on the same plane! :D

I'm fairly confident there will be no problem. Ozgameshop is set up specifically to sell to Aussies/Kiwis so it'd be a big muck up on their part if the version they're selling couldn't be used.

Hey, our copies of the game may be on the same plane! :D

I'm assuming you've bought from them before? For me, this is my first time. I usually buy my stuff direct from Canada (videogamesplus.ca). If you buy console stuff as well, then pay that site a visit. Never had a problem with them and you receive the order in about 7-10 days time.

I'll post back here if there are problems with Civ V from Ozgameshop and Steam. I need to receive the game first.

Yes I've bought two games from them before, back when they were only an ebay store. Galciv2 and Farcry2 IIRC. Didn't have any problem. I think both were between 1 and 2 weeks to arrive.

Sorry for the bump but I thought I'd mention that I received my own copy of Civ V from Ozgameshop and have had no problems with Steam. Verified the key perfectly fine and now added to my account.

For any other Aussie or Kiwi wanting to save some money when buying a PC game, I can recommend Ozgameshop. Much cheaper and it took about 7 business days for it to arrive. Perfectly fine IMO considering it is free shipping.

Top Bottom