USA accepts 1967 borders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Near as I can tell it's all just land. Nothing to be fighting over, that's for sure.

As I read more, I saw that Israel accepted the partition lines, as a bare minimun, but they still accepted it. The Plaestinians did not, and the Arab League moved in to Palestine, and if I get the time-line correct, blockaded the Jewish sector of Jerusalem off from the rest of the country, threatening to starve them out. That is a pretty good description of a seige. Not much of a peaceful action, I'd say.
If I recall correctly, the violence conducted by the Palestinians against Israel with regards to the borders was little more then a continuation of their decades long fight. After Israel became a state and when the neighboring Arabs got involved, the Palestinians for the most part took a backseat. Then, when the Jews trounced the Arab armies, the Palestinians, fearing retribution because they no longer had any 'strong' allies, they fled.

It seems and reads to me like there is enough blame to go around for everyone to share in.
Yes, there is blame to go around, but when you look at the concessions offered by the Palestinian negotiator at the latest talks just to get Israel to stop building settlements, it becomes quite clear Israel is holding up the process. Then when the Palestinian people get mad and take violent action against Israel, Israel claims that the Palestinians should just behave and wait for a state.
Not to pull Godwyns law, but perhaps they should tell that to the fighters in Warsaw in 1943 that they should just 'behave themselves and quit being so hard-lining'.

Sorry, but I do not see how anyone can reasonably state that the entire thing is Israel's fault, when the Palestinians steadfastly refuse to their right to exist as a nation.
And many Israelis seek to refuse to acknowledge Palestine as a nation. Politicaly, the blame lies mainly with Israel. They are a modern, western, liberal democracy. I expect them to be better then how they have been behaving.
You agree that the actions of some of the Palestianians have served to inflame the situation. So how is Israel supposed to take that, and respond?
Yes, some palestinian actions have worked to inflame the situation. In the same way, Israeli actions have worked to inflame the situation. Their handling of Gaza, for example or they airstrikes against civilian populations on the ground that 'terrorists may be there'. Yes, terrorists may be there Israel, but that does not mean you should undertake terrorist actions to kill them.

And considering what had happened to them under Hitler. And considering what Stalin was doing to them. Providing a place for the Jews, in their old homeland, with the Jews that were still there, and had always been there, seems reasonable enough to me.
Why did it have to be in Israel? What was wrong with America, or the UK, or France?
Heck, Britain actualy offered them a country beforehand, but the Zionists refused because it didn't fit their definition of where their homeland should be.

PS: Unlike your source of Wikipedia, mine is the History Channel.
So you are quoting the same channel that doesn't know the difference between a Lateen sail and a square sail, tries to prove aliens exist and made the pyramids, and has little to no history on it?

I know that two wrongs don't make a right and I'm not trying so say otherwise, but I hope you do have to realize that there were MANY massacres of Jews perpetrated by Muslims/Arabs. It wasn't one sided.

You mean during the Arab Revolt I assume.

By the way, I never claimed it was one-sided. I only mentioned one side because my antagonists here are trying to paint the picture to be one-sided, but facing the other way.

PS: Unlike your source of Wikipedia, mine is the History Channel.

And that's supposed to be a reputable source? :rotfl:

Why did it have to be in Israel? What was wrong with America, or the UK, or France?
Heck, Britain actualy offered them a country beforehand, but the Zionists refused because it didn't fit their definition of where their homeland should be.

We won the war. Screw the Ottoman Empire.
And Europe wanted the Jews to leave Europe.

Screw the Ottoman Empire.
Don't you mean that they should screw the Arabs after making them promises of an 'Arab Homeland' after WWI?

Can't resist.:D

The documentary was from 1997, I think that this was from back when History Channel was a more reliable source. However I could be wrong, I don't watch History Channel very much.

That's the way nationalism operates. Ask a Greek nationalist would he be prepared to abandon his Megale Idea if Greece would be given some prime estate in America. The only way to prevent the creation of Israel would be closing the borders of Palestine, deporting the Jews that were already here, and not allowing any more immigration - kinda like Megale Idea was killed off.

The CFC leftists are quite antisemitic or partisan, though.

Moderator Action: Please don't attack a group of posters, sarcastic or not.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Yeah I know right. What some fairy tale book said is obviously more important than the real people really living there.
Some of the real people living here - Jews - were for Israel. Some of them - Palestinian Arabs - didn't. That was the reason for the whole mess in the first place. But if you want to count only the latter as "real people", be my guest.

Some of the real people living here - Jews - were for Israel. Some of them - Palestinian Arabs - didn't. That was the reason for the whole mess in the first place. But if you want to count only the latter as "real people", be my guest.
The majority were Palestinian Arabs. And the whole reason for the mass Jewish immigration in the preceding decades was the formation of a Jewish state, which was decided on before Jews made up even close to a significant percentage of the population.

the lecture in the Oval office wasn't supposed to happen , you know . There is a report of this butterly here hurricane over there effect whereby a Star Trek actress refused to conduct marital affairs under the open sky and US had a black president . This despite the flimsy Borg never amounting to much in the grand scheme of things...

and naturally Bibi was never meant to get into that room unless on a tourist visit ; Yoni was the one groomed to be the prime minister . That is assured self confidence for you . And the election campaign was right there at Entebbe , the "mistake" of leaving the terminal lights on , the solitary guy standing by the door under the glare and none of the rescued passangers would have missed him and the guy was handsome too ; a sight to remember . Yeah , he had his name on a bullet . Though the job was only half done . Idi Amin's Mercedes with darkened windows and the despise of the heroic commandos and the "tamtam playing cannibal" with his scorned / supposed instinct for survival has been recounted - off the record - for quite a time . White man has self assured self confidence and a disdain for cowardice . One bullet , one car happens only in movies .

a perfect oxymoron , ain't it ? The world revolves around the sun and the sun revolves around the United States , yet the mighty Uncle Sam has to offer something that will never be accepted to justify itself in the eyes of the world . What happened to the only remaining superpower ? Why do their friends have to talk of generousity ? Why do Americans need to tell lies ? Their hard power have always failed to impress and soft power slides into verbal abuse , by the day . If somebody intends to rule with an iron hand one must talk with the correct tone . A chance encounter with the victorious time lord in the relevant Doctor Who episode would have given a cue by the choice of that particulaire from the repertoire of foreign languages . Study that one , imperatives sound so natural .

Newstory I'd like to see...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared as policy the long-held idea that a future Confederate States of America should be based on borders that existed before the 1861-65 war.

In the past, Israel has supported unofficially a two-state solution to the Union-Confederacy conflict based on the war in which Federal troops seized Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina and other CSA territories. Netanyahu became the first Israeli Prime Minister to formally endorse the policy.

"The Southern People must have the right to govern themselves and reach their potential in a sovereign and contiguous state," the Prime Minister said. "And this must include recognition of their peculiar institutions."

In response, Union President Obama, a northern free Negro, stated that Israel should stand by previous commitments, and that Federal forces must not be forced to withdraw to 1861 lines which are both indefensible and which would leave major Democratic Party constituencies behind those lines.

well , for that to happen Israel would have to be discreetly involved in the defeat of the South and had been keeping the North on its on its feet , wouldn't it ?

We won the war. Screw the Ottoman Empire.
And Europe wanted the Jews to leave Europe.
How would 'Europe' specifically want anything here?

You might as well say that the Jews — at least some of them, the Zionists for starters — wanted to leave Europe.

And the carve-up of the ME was an Anglo-French deal, but it wasn't necessarily the British or French jews who went.

The majority were Palestinian Arabs.
So? The majority was actually people, while the minority won't?

And the whole reason for the mass Jewish immigration in the preceding decades was the formation of a Jewish state, which was decided on before Jews made up even close to a significant percentage of the population.
That's not the problem with Israel. The problem with Israel is that immigrating Jews didn't value the rights of Arabs much. But that doesn't mean that the Jews don't count as "people". I'm pleased to see that you now start opposing free and unlimited immigration :goodjob:

So? The majority was actually people, while the minority won't?
The victims of the creation of Israel and its subsequent actions were actual people. Using fairy tales to try to justify that sort of thing is just dumb.

That's not the problem with Israel. The problem with Israel is that immigrating Jews didn't value the rights of Arabs much. But that doesn't mean that the Jews don't count as "people". I'm pleased to see that you now start opposing free and unlimited immigration :goodjob:
No you just like to strawman.

Moderator Action: Address the post, not the poster. Addressing the poster in such a way is considered trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The Jews being people isn't really relevant, their human rights are not what's at question here. For all intents and purposes they've been treated pretty well by the state of Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom