Use Momus as map only

Sunn

Chieftain
I've played through the momus scenario and absolutely adored it. I love the map, but not the rules that go along with perpentach; and I enjoy replaying it but i don't like playing as the lanun every time. Is it possible, and if so, how, to remove all the scenario's specific rules from it and load it as a "random" map, with random civs taking the initial starting locations of the original civs?

I'm not sure if this works, but give it a try:

Go into to the Monus.
Go into the worldbuilder.
Click on the option to save as a worbuilder save
load the game as another player.

To be honest, I doubt it will work, but it may be worth a shot. Once you are in the worldbuilder you can fool around with it quite a bit.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Well I got to the custom scenario options window, but it would not let me choose any leader other than Falamar, and even though I set the ais to random it was just the same group as usual. :(

I must say, I actually prefer Civ 3's editor to worldbuilder...with civ 3 I just had to set the random map starting locations and that was all...with this I can't think of anything else besides making another copy of the save and deleting all of its custom python.

At least I have something to learn. :D

You have to open the worldbuilder save with Notepad and replace the line "PlayableCiv=0" with "PlayableCiv=1"

Anyways, I've attached my WB save :)

Attachments

• Momus Playable AI.rar
    8.3 KB · Views: 46
You have to open the worldbuilder save with Notepad and replace the line "PlayableCiv=0" with "PlayableCiv=1"

Anyways, I've attached my WB save :)

Oh, I knew i left something important out! Thanks ororo.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom