1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

User Interface completely disappears within first 15 turns (Mac)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by rubicon1789, Oct 30, 2017.

1. rubicon1789

rubicon1789 Chieftain

For the past week and a half I haven't been able to get past turn 15~, despite the fact that I haven't added any mods that weren't already turned on before. The user interface completely disappears. I assume it has something to do with the fall update being on PC, but not out on mac (I'm playing on a mac).

Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting?

2. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

I just had a case of UI disappearing after T77 but i'm on a PC with Fall Patch and CQUI (currently unreleased testing branch) so i don't know if it's a vanilla or mod issue for me. It would be interesting to know if other players also have similar issues.

My issue was related to CQUI and some bad Vanilla localization files causing the UI to crash during AI turn. Steam validation failed to detect those files were wrong. I solved it by deleting the entire Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Text folder and validating again, thus forcing Steam to reinstall all localization files. You might want to try it.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017