Using BUG Mod on older saves.

Dryas

Chieftain
Hi,

I've had a brief look around here and can't find anything specific, but hopefully this is a simple one to answer. I downloaded a savegame today for one of Ai Shizuka's Monarch Student games, but I can't find out how to load it up with the BUG mod (the savegame file is from Dec. 2008 and so I'm assuming the creator was using older versions of both BUG and BtS.) How can I do this? Thanks in advance.

If the game was played using BUG installed as a mod (a.k.a. multiplayer install), you need to create a mod folder with the same name. When you double-click the game, it should tell you the name of the mod that it is expecting, e.g. "BUG Mod 3.5.1". Then it will fail.

To play the game without BUG, create an empty folder with that same name in the BTS EXE Mods folder (e.g. C:\Games\Civ4\BTS\Mods).

To play the game with BUG, install BUG as a mod and then copy the "BUG Mod 3.6" folder it creates in the same folder as above and name it with the folder the saved game is expecting.

If the game loads fine without BUG installed, you can install BUG using the single-player install method and then play the game normally.

In a somewhat-related question: I have installed BUG 3.6 in my MODS folder. Is it possible to get a WorldBuilder save created via the standard game (i.e. no mods involved, or BUG installed in the CustomAssets) to open with the BUG mod?

Whenever I tried to load BUG and then select Custom Scenario, I kept getting no interface.

The other option to open a vanilla BtS save is to load BUG up under CustomAssets. As long as the save doesn't have 'locked assets' checked, it will run the BUG code using the save. I do that all the time for SG games.

@Ginger - what you describe should work. Start regular game, open WB, give yourself a few tanks, save the WB save as 'KillThemAll'. Start BUG mod (either as mod under 'prog files' or installed under CustomAssets'), single player, play scenario, check 'KillThemAll' and away you go. I do that all the time.

I never install a mod under 'my games', so if you do, then your mileage may vary'

When you do get the no interface thing, can you please post your PythonErr.log file? Make sure you have LoggingEnabled in CivilizationIV.ini.

Ok, thank you guys, that works. At first I had copied the files into the appropriately named folder in the Firaxis Games/Civ IV/BtS/Mods folder, not realizing that there is also (apparently) a Mod folder in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword. Well, anyways, this works now, so again, thank you.

Top Bottom