1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Using default Diplomacy Screen Background Images

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Imnimo, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Imnimo

Imnimo Chieftain

Is it possible to use the existing diplomacy screen backgrounds when creating a leader without a 3D model (i.e. just a dds texture)?

Currently I'm defining a background image using the DiplomacyInfo table, but it doesn't look like the base game leaders have DiplomacyInfo entries, and I don't see a texture file anywhere for their backgrounds. Presumably their diplomacy scenes use a different system because they're animated? Providing no entry in DiplomacyInfo just results in a black background.

Alternatively, if there isn't a way to use the existing backgrounds, any advice on an easy way to create a decent looking background in the same style? I've been experimenting a bit with neural style transfer to convert photos/paintings to the existing style, but it's tough to get good results.

2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

I use a custom background here

Code:
     <LoadingInfo>
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_ALBUQUERQUE" ForegroundImage="Portugal_Foreground.dds" BackgroundImage="Portugal_Background.dds" ....
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_JOAO_II" ForegroundImage="Portugal_Joao_Foreground.dds" BackgroundImage="Portugal_Joao_Background.dds"   ...
      </LoadingInfo>

<DiplomacyInfo>
        <Row Type="LEADER_ALBUQUERQUE" BackgroundImage="Portugal_Diplomacy.dds"/>
        <Row Type="LEADER_JOAO_II" BackgroundImage="Portugal_Joao_Diplomacy.dds"/>
      </DiplomacyInfo>