1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Using GameRanger to play Civ4Col?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by PatriotNorwood, May 23, 2014.

1. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

Does anyone ever use GameRanger to play Colonization? Or has anyone tried it? I would like to play a few multiplayer games, but the Gamespy Internet function doesn't work with my firewall/router/internet. If anyone has any thoughts or comments on this please say them. Also on a side note, is 2K games going to be converting multiplayer for Colonization, over to Steam (or whatever it was) with the rest of Civilization 4?

2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I never tried using GameRanger for Colonization. From what I can understand from it, it doesn't support mods. It might actually be useful if it does. I wonder if people can figure out how to use mods with it. If not, then I guess it can be hard to find two people there at the same time.

As for network/internet games and mods: TAC and RaR works while Medieval Conquest and any other mod using that code doesn't. I plan to fix the latter, but it will take time.

3. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

No it does not support mods, but I think if you ask the designer he can add functionality for a certain mod if it is programed, but I can't remember for sure.

4. BadExtasy89

BadExtasy89 Chieftain

Hi,

Would love to play some multiplayer games. Not sure where to play them though. I play some different games via tunngle but if anyone knows and wants to play some add me on skype please darrentaylor89.
    Online pretty much everyday.

5. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

Do you use GameRanger at all? Or just Tunngle?