using mod packs?????

dqbd642

Chieftain
I am new to Civ mod packs. I want to try to startrek modpacks (my wife is a trekkie) and Can't figure it out. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks,

dqbd642

I think i get what you want 2 do :)

You can either replace your original Civ 2 directory with the mod in question (make sure you make a backup first) or if you have Civ 2 Gold then you paste it into the main directory.

eg: C:/Program files/Civ2/"mods name"

And then you can play its scenarios based on this mod by navigating to the mods directory and opening the files.

Hope this helps :)

-Wonx2150

Just for reference...

You might want to state a few things...what version of civ that you are using...what the names of the modpacks are...Kevin Gilbert's Star Trek modpacks are great for what wonx2150 suggests...however, the Star Trek Generations mod might be a little trickier...and Kobayashi's Dominion Wars comes highly recommened as well...but only works with the higher versions (Fantastic Worlds) I think...I'll check for sure...

There is usually a detailed description and instructions in the readme.txt file that is distributed with the modpack too...but I am more than happy to walk you through...

Cheers!

CivPartisan

Top Bottom