using two city pools

dtumacder

Chieftain
greetings,

I am not familiar with python but i am experienced with programming. I am making it my project to get familiar with the language to work on my mod.

I figure it wouldn't be too hard, but I just wanted to verify and get input by the programming community here on ways to go about it, as not only am I unfamiliar with python but I am unfamiliar with the globals that come packaged in the game itself.

Don't want to reinvent the wheel :p.

So here is what I want, suggestions, or just a point in the right direction would be most helpful; I am wanting to define an XML document that has two lists of city names. I then want to define in the civ xml in a tag which list it pulls from rather than have each civ have its own city.

Another possiblity is same direction....two lists of city names and all civs pull from either one list if they are on one type of terrain tile, or the other if they are on another specified terrain tile.

Actually reread what I typed and I guess it looks like I'm asking someone to start me off on the code. Actually I'm looking for a reference for the civ 4 global defines and functions already in place :). Either a thread on here or a webpage. The rest is just the idea I was going with.

ummm nm, guess I need to read and do a bit more research before wasting forum space.

Top Bottom