USS Gerald R Ford, another huge win for Trump

Once again I figured I would post this before one of our local Breitbart repeating stations that takes it seriously rips it from the headlines and broadcasts it here. The dingbats there are crowing about what a great accomplishment for Trump the commissioning of this aircraft carrier is. Apparently they think that pushing funding through congress, the bidding process, design, and construction of an aircraft carrier takes about six months.

Last edited:
Moderator Action: Please reword the OP to not refer to CFC's members as 'idiots'.

Once again I figured I would post this before one of our local Breitbart repeating stations that takes it seriously rips it from the headlines and broadcasts it here. The dingbats there are crowing about what a great accomplishment for Trump the commissioning of this aircraft carrier is. Apparently they think that pushing funding through congress, the bidding process, design, and construction of an aircraft carrier takes about six months.

You mean this Gerald R. Ford that was started in 2005 ?

The keel of Gerald R. Ford was laid down on 13 November 2009.[2] Construction began on 11 August 2005, when Northrop Grumman held a ceremonial steel cut for a 15-ton plate that forms part of a side shell unit of the carrier.[13] She was christened on 9 November 2013.[5] Gerald R. Ford will enter the fleet replacing the inactive USS Enterprise (CVN-65), which ended her 51 years of active service in December 2012.[14][15]Originally scheduled for delivery in 2015,[16] Gerald R. Ford was delivered to the Navy on 31 May 2017.[6] She is expected to leave on her first deployment around 2021.[17]
Wikipedia

You mean this Gerald R. Ford that was started in 2005 ?

The keel of Gerald R. Ford was laid down on 13 November 2009.[2] Construction began on 11 August 2005, when Northrop Grumman held a ceremonial steel cut for a 15-ton plate that forms part of a side shell unit of the carrier.[13] She was christened on 9 November 2013.[5] Gerald R. Ford will enter the fleet replacing the inactive USS Enterprise (CVN-65), which ended her 51 years of active service in December 2012.[14][15]Originally scheduled for delivery in 2015,[16] Gerald R. Ford was delivered to the Navy on 31 May 2017.[6] She is expected to leave on her first deployment around 2021.[17]
Wikipedia

That's the one.

Apparently they think that pushing funding through congress, the bidding process, design, and construction of an aircraft carrier takes about six months.

When our Dear President has Jesus on his side, anything is possible

So Trump has Baby Jesus building an aircraft carrier? Arent there child labour laws in murica?

That's the one.

haha
I never look at the Breitbart site but I did now and the misleading info starts right away with:
"It also ends a five-year stretch of the U.S. Navy only having 10 carriers, despite a law requiring 11 that has been waived by Congress every year since 2012"
So with the Gerald R. Ford already under construction the law requirement was already to be met.

Breitbart states also:
"Trump has pledged to bring the Navy’s fleet up to 350 ships and the carrier fleet up to 12. The Ford’s commissioning marks a significant step towards that goal"
Suggesting that it now depends on Trump to get that 12th aircraft carrier....

But that 12th aircraft carrier is already under construction.
It is called the USS John F. Kennedy and the keel-laying ceremony took place in Agust 2015.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-closer-12-carrier-navy-goal-uss-gerald-ford/
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/how-fast-could-america-build-more-aircraft-carriers-13653

Last edited:
Therefore proving that Noah's Ark story is literal truth?

With more than 900,000 different kinds of insects on board ?

No no, it's just if you can build a wooden aircraft carrier 737 cubits in length, someone could totally have built an Ark 300 cubits long.

While I see no practical reason for doing so, I don't think there is any insurmountable physical obstacle to building a wooden aircraft carrier 737 cubits in length.

I would think a timber ship the size of a super carrier would break its back in heavy seas.

Top Bottom