1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

USvsWorld is up, NEW SCENARIO!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by Buddha2723, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

*Get the new beta!

Map files have been posted here _ https://sourceforge.net/projects/buddha2723/files/ _. You should be able to put them in your 'documents/my games/civ 5/maps' folder and have them work without a mod.

By request, I've removed many superfluous cities and units, for those having difficulty loading, or playing without lag, and posted the updated maps to sourceforge as simplified maps.

US vs World has many Call to Power Project buildings added, and that mod is recommended for play with this scenario, but is not necessary. I will add these files to the modhub when the next version of modbuddy is released.

2. Reginleif

Reginleif Warlord

Is this similiar to Scot Pilgram vs the World?

3. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

does not work
    map is invalid

4. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

Please make sure to use the file beginning and ending with exclamation marks, "!!! Usvs... !!!", which will work after you enable the mod.

5. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

wehre is the file
    in the mod folder is 1 map file

6. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

That is the the file. The scenario is just a map, and a few special starting settings(extra gold/culture, modern world map) there is no mod data yet. If you can't get it manually, find it within the game itself, in mods ->online. Search for it by date, 10/29/10 or backwards from z by title looking for USvsWorld. Install the mod, and the !!! US... !!! scenario file should be playable from the mods-> set up game-> maps-> and finally click load scenario and choose your nation and game speed.

*Also one of only a few modern scenarios, select scenario or modern scenario filter.

7. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

i dont see any !!!!
    delete the other us vs world

8. Register666666

Register666666 Warlord

I'm following your instructions verbatim, map is invalid. I can't select the map, nor can I even load it on the map editor.

9. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

Try deleting all copies, then get it in game, old copies of the alpha may be interfering.

10. Aramel

Aramel Warlord

I downloaded this from the in-game browser and the map file is still showing up as invalid. Are there any other mods you have enabled when you use the map?

11. SalmonSoil

SalmonSoil Prince

I have the invalid problem as well. And I've never downloaded any version of the scenario before.

12. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

he does not know but he is using a mod
    check mod before you click in load map

13. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

File is down while I investigate the problem...anyone successfully get this one working, or not at all?

*Map files have been posted here _ https://sourceforge.net/projects/buddha2723/files/ _. You should be able to put them in your 'documents/my games/civ 5/maps' folder and have them work without a mod.

14. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

I've removed as many superfluous cities and units as I could, for those having difficulty loading, or playing without lag, and posted the updated maps to sourceforge as simplified maps.

15. Buddha2723

Buddha2723 Warlord

I see downloads are up on sourceforge. Is there any feedback? If so, give it to me, positive or negative, I haven't had much time to play my own creations, and I'm having stability issues to boot. Anyone have smooth sailing with the Call to Power mod activated? And if so what are your specs?