Utterly delightful start

Hunter Noventa

Overlord
I just got one of the best starts I have ever seem. 2 Wheats, a game, 4 BGs within full radius, fresh water, AND there was a goody hut nice enough to teach me Warrior Code.

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• OMG Start.JPG
    OMG Start.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 657
Grand Cadfael said:
But no river,and it probaly wont be in the center of the continet

I think that is a fresh water lake though, so still very good.
Could be an 'Istanbul' ;) .

Wow that looks like a great start... hope the rest pans out for you. :goodjob:

Man you got hozed. Of the 12 surrounding tiles 2 are only grasslands. You will have to make do with BG's, forest, game and only 2 wheat. Maybe you should abandon. (j/k) :D

oddly enough, it's pretty close to the center of the continent. I settled about 2/3, while Rome has the other third. I just finished a war against them where I took four cities with few losses.

The surrounding terrain was also quite bountiful. A good mix of hills and grassland to the south and east, with a large expanse of plains to the west.

Rome was beyond a nice choke point where I built a fort city, and they are/were placed on a few grasslands amongst a large number of mountains.

I got Iron, Saltepeter and horses all to myself, and i've settled a couple islands. Right now I'm regrouping for the 2nd war against Rome, the first having been won with Ancient Cavalry, MI and Cavs, i need to replace a few and get more cannons.

EDIT- A rendering of my expanding empire...

Attachments

• Teh carthage.JPG
    Teh carthage.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 592
Does Irrigation require a river, or any source of fresh water?

Yeah, but there's a lake right next to Carthage...

EDIT: Any fresh water.

You hardly need irrigation with coastal cities + harbors.

That being said, I'm going to irrigate around Cirta once I get my Rails in, which won't be much longer...

Uh... you do. Water doesn't produce any shields. And look at the picture. You have some cities not at 12 and not growing that have plenty of room.

And you need to found more cities. Any turn that any tile isn't being worked is a waste.

Okay, I'm the first admit i need more practice...but I'm doing rather good for my own record...that being getting to the industiral age and actually competing with most of my enemies...

If anyone wants to play the map the settings are-
70% Archipelago
Standard Size
Roaming Barbs
Temperate, Normal Wetness, 3 Billion Years old
world seed 4200

This is warlord level, as i tend to get creamed at Regent. I'm probably going to start a Regent game and post screens and questions the strategy forum, feel free to tag along.

Top Bottom