1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by phungus420, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

Alright, silly question #346......I see parts of this thread that refer to the DCMRev core, I'm assuming that is the same DCMRev mod, in this modpak site. If that is the case should I have DCM installed also, or is it already in use as the base platform here? LoR looks to me to be a stand alone, but I'm just trying to make sure I have the proper installation so I don't run into any major errors. Thanks

2. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Installation is easy, you just download and install.

3. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

Easy enough, I was just making sure I didn't need to have the RevDCM also installed, kind of figured I didn't but figured I would be proactive and make sure first. This looks like a great stand alone product, and wanted to make sure I have enough space for everything. Thanks for the help.

4. millahnna

millahnna Mouse

Stupid question #347. Last version had a lite version...no more lite version? I'm guessing just not checking the enhanced graphics box accomplishes the same thing. Am I guessing dumb?

5. Opera

Opera Deity

Awesome! For a while I thought LoR was dead. It really is my favorite... non-sf non-fantasy mod. So yay, gonna waste my time on civilization even more now... :D

6. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Setting up the light version will take alot of work, I'm not going to do that any time soon. Also a couple minor bugs have been reported in the RevDCM thread, so I'll try to put out a 0.9.9 release, with some bug fixes sometime this weekend which will also include EventsWithImages (toggleable in the BUG interface).

7. millahnna

millahnna Mouse

Sounds good thanks Phungus. I figure I can just keep tweaking settings on my own and get it as light as I need it to be.

8. OnmyojiOmn

OnmyojiOmn Prince

I've been playing 0.9.9, and it's great. LoR is the best way to play the best strategy game ever. Phungus = best. Best = you.

I just really miss the "wait until 50%" spy automation from AA's merge. Spies are incredibly micro-intensive. Oh, and it would be nice if the text formatting in the flag tooltip was finally fixed. The "Contact X of Y" text is squished together with some other text and the line of equal signs has a linebreak in it. That's probably a RevDCM thing, I guess.

9. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Yeah, Advanced Unit Automations looks like a good modcomp. Unfortunately Afforess posted on here saying that he was modding other non civilization games for now, so it doesn't look like he'll port it over to the RevDCM core. I'm sure either glider or myself will eventually get around to doing it, but it might take a while (it's on the ToDo list for now thought); and who knows maybe afforess will come back and port it over himself.

As for the text issues with text getting squished. I'm not sure what you mean. Could you post a screenshot?

10. OnmyojiOmn

OnmyojiOmn Prince

Sorry, I guess the squished text was fixed in RevDCM and I was thinking of the older version in AA's merge. It was a missing newline or two in the tooltip for other civs in the scoreboard.

I just wanted to say that the game speed changes that were added to LoR a couple versions ago are working really well. I play on marathon and I'm always impressed at how well the tech rate matches the year.

Edit: while you're working on music, maybe you could reduce the volume on Charles V's diplomacy music. It's much louder than it should be.

11. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

New version released:

Current Version: Current version is 0.9.9a --Released 25 November 2010

-Updating is easy, simply download and install, the installer will uninstall the old version on your computer, and update the mod. The current version 0.9.9a is save game compatible with version 0.9.9, but will not load save games from earlier versions.

Changelog:
    0.9.9a
    • Updated RevDCM core to 2.82
      Spoiler :
      • Bug fixes to autoplay and changeplayer found by Snake_b and Keldath
      • Added missing Finnish tags
      • Added multiplayer enforcer code
      • Aesthetic fixes to the Civilopedia unit section
      • Holy City Respawn code fixed and tested
      • Tweak to the AI pushReligious victory logic
      • Fixed nagging asserts in Civilopedia
      • PerfectWorld2g update
    • Fixed Organized leader trait so that it's Revolution bonus is actually a bonus instead of a penalty
    • Rewrote multiple Civilopedia strategy sections so that they were correct
    • Added and updated Jeelen's 300AD scenario
    • Added Events with Images modcomp (togglable in the BUG interface)

12. dizzygreen

dizzygreen Chieftain

downloading:scan:

13. morchuflex

morchuflex Emperor

Downloading too. Will try this W.E.

14. wolfman1234

wolfman1234 King

Thank you very much, phungus, and with a scenario. :)

15. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

:thumbsup: Wooooooo Hoooooo :scan: phungus you da man!

16. incognet

incognet Chieftain

Hello everyone. As with the previous version of LoR, I am unable to play. The title screen is devoid of text; I cannot start a new game.

I've checked my options in Vanilla Civ IV... English is my specified language. I even chose French, then reverted to English to be certain...

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Yes, I've patched to v3.19 BTS

17. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Sorry, I don't have many ideas here. The mod actually supports all the basic languages (and even Finnish), so being in a different language works fine, even tested them all. That usually causes the bug you describe for other mods, but wouldn't for LoR.

The only other thing I can think of is that the installer isn't properly removing the old version of LoR on your computer (As says can happen in the FAQ), if this is the case, manually uninstall it (run the uninstaller in the Mod's folder, then if there is anything left over, just delete the LoR folder manually). Try reinstalling after that. If that doesn't fix your problem, I have no idea.

18. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Sorry everyone, a major bug crept into the last build. A typo in my source code makes it so most buildings aren't being processed, meaning they wol't do anything on a Player level. This probably only effects wonders, as there aren't any regular buildings with empire wide effects I can think of, but that's pretty big, having World Wonders being useless and all.

Attached in this post is a patch, extract it, then run the installer, it will patch your game. I will also be updating the main mod itself shortly, but that takes time as I have to package the entire installer, then upload it, then get my upload approved. Plus for those of you with 0.9.9a anyway, this patch is much smaller. If you use the patch, there is no reason to reinstall LoR again once I get 0.9.9b up, as the patch installer updates the gamecore anyway.

Attached Files:

19. incognet

incognet Chieftain

Hi Phungus...

Someone on a diff. thread suggested that an incorrect BUG installation might be responsible. Initially, I didn't even realize this was necessary to use LoR, or other mods...

So, I installed BUG this afternoon... but LoR, ROM: AND, and Quot Capita all still exhibit this problem re: no text on title screen)

20. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

LoR is set up to ignore custom assets, and used to work fine with BUG. They must have changed something in the installer that now overwrites original files or something, in which case, there isn't much I can do, you should bring this issue up with the BUG team.

For now I suggest uninstalling BUG, and when you reinstall it, select the "Multiplayer" option, as that installs BUG as a proper mod, rather then hacking it into your Custom Assets, and whatever else it's doing now.