[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Worked perfectly - thank you. And it's great that you've fixed the issue in the v1.0 build - I never cease to be amazed by what you can achieve.

-M-
Martin
All Round Good Egg

I had to join these discussion boards for the sole reason of saying thank you to the creator of this wonderful MOD. I've played countless hours of the Civ series from the day the first game was released way back when and I think that the game I just finished of Civ 4 using this mod might have been the most amazing and enjoyable experience I've ever had playing Civ. I don't play as much as everyone else because I just don't have the free time like I used to, but found time recently and gave this MOD a try.

Just amazing work.

I loved having revolutions brewing and new civs popping up everywhere. It made the game so dynamic.

Just thank you and fantastic work.

:goodjob:

Amazing mod!

But is there a way to limit the number of civilizations? I play on huge maps, and at a certain time new civs are being added and destroyed every turn, so the game slows to a crawl.

Try making a French Revolution map. That'd be awesome to do. :p

"LoR has been released considerably later then most mods, and as such doesn't have a very large fanbase."

Well, you can count me among that not very large fanbase. And also another who made their account just to say thanks. I was quite happy when I stumbled upon your mod, and I'm currently test driving your beta version, the one with WoC removed. Great idea, but WoC is simply limited by what's actually possible.

Now, why was I happy when I found your mod? Mostly, the other great modpacks (Rise of Mankind, Diversica) have TOO much great content. Rise of Mankind is well balanced, in my opinion, but there's 200+ techs and many hundreds of units and buildings! A bit too much for a single game, personally.

And then there's the load times, both for turns and loading cities. Realistically, I can live with base BTS with Next War mixed in for flavor versus "everything" mods. Your mod, thankfully, does just about that.

I just wanted to post, to show you that people are still playing Civ IV (I dislike V) and that your work isn't going to waste. I really, honestly look forward to the next version you make. Thank you for your devotion!

Oh, and I'll tell you if the game crashes on me or has other unexpected behavior with the beta version.

Great idea, but WoC is simply limited by what's actually possible.

Actually, WoC is pretty good (apart from some potential errors) at what it was supposed to do. I certainly allows for a lot more flexibility than regular BtS modular XML.

Whether you actually make use of these features / abilities is another matter, pretty much nothing out there does. imo they unfortunately were too late to the game with it, all the big mods were out and changing them around was just not very feasible (given that all it got you was some flexibility you did not really make much use of) - and then you have the old school guys who did not even go to BtS modular but left everything as one xml block. If you do not even go with BtS modular, you certainly will stay away from WoC as well.

Oh well, Phungus decided to remove WoC and that is certainly the end of that for his mod, Not interested in starting a discussion about keeping WoC and what the pros and cons would be, just wanted to respond to the notion that what it does allow is rather limited. It is not perfect, but it is a lot closer than BtS modular xml.

Is there a way for Perfectworld2 mapscript NOT to cover resources with forest during map generation?
Basically, the standard Civ had an option to go for AH if someone didnt want to pursue Mining-Bronze Working path. But there are much more forests in Perfectworld2 script (thats ok) and these cover even the horse resources (which is not ok, because you cant go for AH first).

Will you make a "light" version (no ethnic art) available for the new versions?

It's nice graphs vs. no MAF:s for me and I'd rather have no MAF:s.

Amazing mod!

But is there a way to limit the number of civilizations? I play on huge maps, and at a certain time new civs are being added and destroyed every turn, so the game slows to a crawl.

This can be done, but you need to enable debugging mode. Here are instructions on how to enable the cheat code and debugging:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=134287

With the cheatcode enabled, you must press ctrl + z in game to enable debugging. Once the game is in debugging mode a whole new slough of options becomes available in the RevolutionDCM tab in the BUG interface. One of these options is the number of civs that can form from rebels and also there is a similar option for barbarian civ. Be careful messing around with the options that are exposed in debug mode in the RevDCM tab; some of these are hidden for a reason, and may cause bugs if messed with.

Will you make a "light" version (no ethnic art) available for the new versions?

It's nice graphs vs. no MAF:s for me and I'd rather have no MAF:s.

Not anytime soon, no. I need to buckle down and actually start work on rebuilding revolutions before I start working on anything else.

Is there a way for Perfectworld2 mapscript NOT to cover resources with forest during map generation?
Basically, the standard Civ had an option to go for AH if someone didnt want to pursue Mining-Bronze Working path. But there are much more forests in Perfectworld2 script (thats ok) and these cover even the horse resources (which is not ok, because you cant go for AH first).

I'm pretty map script ignorant. I saw you posted in the perfect world mapscript thread, and am surprised no one helped you. Try posting in the RevolutionDCM thread, and PM glider, fuyu, and the creator of the Perfect World mapscript. They have all tweaked the script, and would, know how to do it. You may also have luck just using the forum search function.

Best mod ever (for my old computer). Never crashes. I always have to end the game myself when I've been playing the same game for weeks.

If I could ask for one thing: Static leaderheads.

I know there's a way to do this myself but I wouldn't know where to start.

P.S.: Really needs Hitler back. There's already a swastika on the Battleship Bismark. I can't see how this is a legal problem in Europe.

I agree. Best mod ever. Iam still playing it. Its so great! Thx a lot!

But one question: How can i disable the global warming modifications ? I dont like them and i want to get the classic global warming. Can you helpo me please?
Thx a lot!

Best mod ever (for my old computer). Never crashes. I always have to end the game myself when I've been playing the same game for weeks.

If I could ask for one thing: Static leaderheads.

I know there's a way to do this myself but I wouldn't know where to start.

P.S.: Really needs Hitler back. There's already a swastika on the Battleship Bismark. I can't see how this is a legal problem in Europe.

At least in germany there is as using these things (other than for educational reasons) is forbidden here. At least officially. But of course nobody official would check inofficial mods for swastikas.
But in general, official game releases have them cut out or replaced by something else.

Haven't got the latest version, so don't know if this has been fixed, but there's an issue with diplomacy text for some of the new leaders. The most common and irritating one I experience is from the opening greeting from Trung Trac, where it says "1". That's it. Obviously something missing there. ;)

Because I have made some drastic changes to the code base (removing WOC), I'm not fully confident in the stability of this version. I also lack the time to properly play test it, as my computer is very, very slow. So I'll hold off on making this version the "official" release. Please feel free to playtest, and let me know any bugs you come across or balance issues:

http://www.filefront.com/17914869/Legends-of-Revolution-v0.9.10-Setup.exe/
I can confirm that there are times when this version crashes, the video card actually even stops working such that my monitor goes in standby mode and the only solution left to me is to hard restart my machine.

I'm not sure how to provide debug info, but if you post some instructions I will provide whatever you need.

I've played at least one game with 0.9.10 without any problems. Then for some reason the game stopped detecting the BUG UserSettings folder. I was getting a scrolling error message to that effect. Then I reinstalled the mod and had one or two games that went okay. Now I'm getting error messages about not being able to find the Saves folder or CivilizationIV.ini. The files and folders are all where they should be, as far as I can tell.

I'm stumped.

Top Bottom