[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Good work!
Can I suggest a change for the UCAV model?
I think it looks too futuristic and alien, maybe you can use the UCAV model from the Real War Mod, its a real design of a UCAV vehicle.

Good work!
Can I suggest a change for the UCAV model?
I think it looks too futuristic and alien, maybe you can use the UCAV model from the Real War Mod, its a real design of a UCAV vehicle.

Do you have a link for the model? Or could you upload it? I actually agree, but the current one is the only one I found that I could distinguish from a piloted jet. I was thinking about using the old flying wing german fighter prototype that looks alot like a B-1, but it had an obvious cockpit.

Do you have a link for the model? Or could you upload it? I actually agree, but the current one is the only one I found that I could distinguish from a piloted jet. I was thinking about using the old flying wing german fighter prototype that looks alot like a B-1, but it had an obvious cockpit.

I already put a new default UCAV in, and made the other original one for asian/african/meso civs. I modified the so called nuclear bomber from EE2. As it was it sort of looked the nEUROn. Which is a prototype euro UCAV of sorts, atleast it looks a hell of alot like some of the proposed ucav designs. I just stretched out lengthwise to make it look more like a jet fighter.

Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG

Of course a 3rd one would be nice too. If you could post the model your talking about that would be great, because I dont see a real war mod.

These are files I found in Total War's artpak. To save you time of downloading it since I already have it installed.

Yeah, I like that, it's a pretty unique and cool looking button too. Achilleszero has taken over the art, so it's his desision which model he wants to use as the default, but will be nice to have another ethnic model in there.

The one unit that really needs more ethnic varients is the Motorized Infantry, IMHO. But it seems no one is interested in making early-mid cold war era APCs.

For the UCAV, Im going to use the one pictured in post #1063 as the default. Then use the Total War one as the european model, since it is based on the nEUROn. And the old one, form space above and beyond, as the Russian/mid-asian model.

If anyone could provide the button for the one from total war, that would help.

Ethnic models also needed in order of most needed:
1) Motorized Infantry: early/mid cold war
2) Ironclads: fairly sure that there arent any of the IC battleship or cruiser. But Iknow Ive seen other regular ironclads.
3) MissileCruisers
4) Stealth Destroyers
5) Cruisers
6) any kind of siege besides cannons: LoR only has a 2 artillery models.
7) Stealth Bomber: even though I dont think there is any such thing as another stealth bomber.

EDIT: Nevermind about the button, I found that exact picture googling nEUROn.

EDIT: Also need privateers of any kind.

Quick questions/bugs, maybe?

1) I noticed that when my civ goes into anarchy during civics changes, though I cant adjust the sliders, occasionally my treasury still goes into the red. Last game, I was running low on cash, and made a big shift in civics resulting in a 5 turn anarchy period - and saw (after the fact) -44 gpt, resulting in units on strike after the first turn, with nothing I could do about it.... Is this on purpose, or a bug?

2) A couple of events in the form of "Get X free, or pay to receive 2X" don't seem to be scripted right. The tech find in ruins gives X research as default, and there is an option to pay a fee, but you still get the same amount of research (no chance for extra research...), The medicine event giving bonus commerce in a jungle square is the same way: the default event gives +1 commerce in jungle, and used to allow you to pay a fee to get +2 commerce in the jungle, but now you get +1 either way. Are these on purpose/concious changes to the events, or possible bugs?

ZAll in all, great job - I'm now pretty much exclusively a LoR player! Thanks for the great work!

Quick questions/bugs, maybe?

1) I noticed that when my civ goes into anarchy during civics changes, though I cant adjust the sliders, occasionally my treasury still goes into the red. Last game, I was running low on cash, and made a big shift in civics resulting in a 5 turn anarchy period - and saw (after the fact) -44 gpt, resulting in units on strike after the first turn, with nothing I could do about it.... Is this on purpose, or a bug?

When in anarchy I think you still have to pay for things. Could have been from resource for gold trades that are still in effect. I think its like that in BtS as well.

Yeah, it works just like default BtS. I can't remember the exact rules, but I believe you pay no city or civic maintenance, but still pay unit maintenance. Anyway, it's just the same as BtS rules.

For the events, those had interdependency issues that would not fire due to conflicts from WoC. The interdpendency issue isn't fixed (this is a core RevDCM issue, so it effect every mod that uses RevDCM as a core component--which is most mods these days), but in the test build the broken options and events have been cut or altered (effects 8 out of 300 events, and you will not notice this). Just waiting on the art *cough*, to update the official release to 0.9.6.

Just waiting on the art *cough*, to update the official release to 0.9.6.
Yikes! Alright Alright. Was updating the opening screen. But that will be a while, probably not until 0.97. It has become so unwieldly, that nifskope is slowing down when working on it. Need to improve its look and find ways to streamline it. Besides Im done with the art, just need to plugin that new DLL and test drive it for a while tonight and then Ill submit it.

Thanks, guys! :) Never noticed the negatives during anarchy before (at least, to this extent) but I had been trading heavily thta game - I bet I did have some big gold trades going out that I hadn't taken into consideration.

Thanks again - as I said, I've really enjoyed the mod!

I found a little bug, the Scotland Yard model for european civs (I was playing as America) has a missing texture (pink square) :nuke:

I found a little bug, the Scotland Yard model for european civs (I was playing as America) has a missing texture (pink square) :nuke:

Yep, already found, just a texture I forgot to copy. Besides old EthnicCityStyles is out and new Cultural Citystyles will be in o.96 (although that same Scotland yard will still be in there)

Ok, my sincere apologies - I figure this has been answered somewhere, most likely, but searches are coming up short and I can't seem to find it. How to I look into the mod to see what version I have installed? I know 3.19 shows up in the version under the advanced menu, but the mod displayed there just shows LoR... Is there a way I can get into the files to see what I have installed, to make sure I have the most current version?

I have a complaint.

lol.

Its a gripe I have with the original Civ 4 and this "mod" has made it worse.

"England" - previously only the UB, UU, and 2 of the leaders were British as apposed to English so it kinda of ran under the pretense of being England as apposed to Britain.
It was annoying and wrong that 2 of the 3 leaders of "England" were British leaders not English and that the UU was a British army unit.

This mod erroneously adds the British flag for "England" make the problem even more irritating for those of us in the UK that arent English as Civ already dismisses our contributions to the building of perhaps the greatest Empire in the world as it is. Adding the Union Jack to England without going the whole hog and adding Scottish, Irish, and Welsh cities to the "England" city list is just plain insulting to the rest of us, Scotland in particular because without Scotland there would be no Britain and no Union Jack to be used in this mod.

So there you go. My complaint. lol.

Please either add Scotland/Welsh/Irish civs and remove all British elements from "England" including the Union Jack (British Flag i mean come on!); or add Scottish, Welsh, and Irish elements to "England" and rename it Britain.

But....

England conquerd you guys and then adopted the Union Jack to make it alright. I suppose it could be best to use the red cross, and drop the Union Jack, but she coopted the cool scottish blue X... I feel she earned the right to keep it in the flag.

Damn, though, when I was hitchiking across Europe I was picked up by a scottish trucker, and met a few cool scotish cats, and never really met any cool English...

I suppose I could change the name to British, but me being the way I am, I think realistically it'd be better to use England. Cause she won, and dominated the isle, and built her empire with the Welsh and Scottish forced support. But my cool side thinks I should drop England, and just call this Civ Scotland, let me think on this a bit.

But....

England conquerd you guys and then adopted the Union Jack to make it alright. I suppose it could be best to use the red cross, and drop the Union Jack, but she coopted the cool scottish blue X... I feel she earned the right to keep it in the flag.

Damn, though, when I was hitchiking across Europe I was picked up by a scottish trucker, and met a few cool scotish cats, and never really met any cool English...

I suppose I could change the name to British, but me being the way I am, I think realistically it'd be better to use England. Cause she won, and dominated the isle, and built her empire with the Welsh and Scottish forced support. But my cool side thinks I should drop England, and just call this Civ Scotland, let me think on this a bit.

Oh My God!

You seriously do not believe that.

Im having choking at the xenophobic ignorance.

England NEVER Conquered Scotland. NEVER! Every time they tried we kicked their asses right past York.
England and Scotland were united Peacefully under the Act of Union (whereupon we adopted the Union Jack in which there was both English and Scottish flags united to represent the Union of the realms) in 1707. That Union occured when the SCOTTISH Parliament dissolved itself and joined with the English Parliament into a new British Pariament.
At this moment the Kingdoms of Scotland and England ceased to exist and was replaced by a singular Kingdom of Great Britain.

This was made possible by the Union of the Crowns where King James of SCOTLAND became King of ENGLAND succeeding Queen Elizabeth (the so called first). So technically speaking Scotland conquered England by inheritance.

Also if you check history you will see that on numerous occassions the dominant/leading partner in the union. Scottish support has never ever been forced by England - we gave them a bloody nose every time they tried.
We were and are wholehearted members of the Union; saying we were conquered by England is like saying the USA conquered Texas and subjugates its peoples but added a star to the flag to represent Texas to make it "alright".

I really really hope you were trying to be funny poking fun at my "complaint" cos otherwise im really really going to be totally offended at the sheer ignorance of what you just said.

I know it might not seem like a huge big deal to you but if you think about it Giving England, British leaders, the british flag, british UUs and british UB is as wrong as giving America the Confederate States Flag and referring to the whole lot as Texas. I am presuming you are from the USA? If so then you would be just as offended at the error of that than we Brits are at the reduction of the UK to "England".

Top Bottom