[UXP] World of Legends: Heroes, Guilds, and More!

Ok, here are all the files for Nomad...
Note: This is all under C:\Program Files\...\World of Legends\Assets\Art\Units\Nomad
This is in order, from the left column down, to the right column down.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChinaHeavyCavalry.nif
NIF File
128 KB
chinesehelmet.dds
DDS File
22 KB
HeavyCavalry_Horse_128_gloss.dds
DDS File
22 KB
HeavyCavalry_Weapons_64_gloss.dds
DDS File
6 KB
samurai_128.dds
DDS File
22 KB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChinaHeavyCavalry_fx.nif
NIF File
128 KB
HeavyCavalry_Horse_128.dds
DDS File
22 KB
HeavyCavalry_Weapons_64.dds
DDS File
6 KB
KhmerBallistaDriver_128.dds
DDS File
22 KB
taoist_128_mips.dds
DDS File
22 KB
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!:D
AND YES, I AM ABSOULUTLY THESE ARE ALL THE FILES UNDER Nomad.:p
P.S.
Really quick question, how do you add a signature to your posts, so that everytime you post, it will show up automatically? I can't seem to figure it out...
Also, some of the leaders/units don't even have anything except a box. Sometimes the box has a picture, like with the Macabee, but some of them don't have anything at all, like with the leader Pyrrhus. PLZ HELP! Pyrrhus is MY FAVORITE LEADER!!!
-Martimus

Hey guys,

I downloaded the Mod and have some problems with it. No Fonts are displayed throughout the game. The start menu, for example, is functioning but there is no text. Same problem during gameplay. Everything works fine except no text is displayed.

I`m using Windows Vista (32-BIT) and have already installed the patch 0.61.

-----------------

found the answer: Just change language to english.

I`m off to conquer the world now^^

@Martimus: It seems that you are missing some art files, particularly dds files (which, again, deal with the texture) as I expected. Since this issue seems to be uniquely your own problem, as it hasn't been reported with anyone else, I am almost certain that somehow while installing you deleted the art files somehow - most likely, while installing the patch, or fixing the files previously, you accidentally deleted or wrote over those files. I'll upload the art files if it is absolutely necessary, but before that, you should probably first delete EVERYTHING related to WoL in the mods folder - and that means everything, before re-installing; that way, there won't be any mix-up. If that doesn't work, I'll upload the art files for you then.

@Ashaqun: Glad you fixed it! WoL is only available in English, unfortunately. Anyhow, hope you enjoy.

Ok, thanks for your support, I'll try doing that...
See ya in a minute!:)
Oh ya, I just remembered something important...
The first thing I did when I cam across this issue was ONLY unzip the original mod, and try that. However, that didn't work either.
So, in this case, it is some issue with the original file and NOT the patch.
Thanks for the idea though...
I'm still wondering how you customize/edit your own signature. Like with yours its the unofficial expansion pack World of Legends...
You get my point.
Also, don't worry about me, I'm playing this awesome mod called Rise of Empires (3.5), its really good. So I'm preoccupied until this issue is resolved.
Thanks Again.
Another thing...
I have downloaded this file 6 times...everytime with the same results. Every time, the same part of each unit/leader is missing. So, if you could just create a link for uploading the art files, that would be very helpfull
-Thanks

Hey guys,

Alas, I encountered a bug than spoils gameplay quite a bit. At the moment I´m playing Tibet and I cannot build unique buildings or units. The game crashes if I try to build horse-archers or the university. Both are unique for this civilisation.

Is there any way to fix that?

@everyone: I've decided to scrap the dynamic religions idea, since it was getting to the point where I couldn't get it to work as I would have liked. That's not to mention it would have taken too much time and effort on my part. However, I'm not scrapping the idea of making religions slightly more interesting altogether - I'm playing with some other, simpler ideas, for example, perhaps giving Great Prophets the ability to build certain non-shrine wonders that give other bonuses.

I'll admit that with all the RL stuff and how long it's been since the last release, I'm starting to lose interesting on this project. HOwever, I think I'll be able to pull through to at least verison 0.70, so please continue with your patience and understanding! Hopefully I'll post a screenshot or two later of what I've managed to do so far these past few months... year... :D

@Martimus: Signatures you can do through the "Quick Links" on the upper-right corner of your screen (at least it is for me). Click on that, and a dropdown menu should appear; then click on Edit signature, and you'll be taken to a place where you can edit your signature. As for the WoL issue, sorry that it didn't work out for you, but if you decide to pick up WoL again, and it still doesn't work, just tell me and I'll send you the art files.

@Ashaqun: Thanks for telling me that. I was actually supposed to have fixed that a long time ago, as someone else told me abonut that too - it's actually a pretty easy fix, and only requires that I remove two commas in the XML code. Anyhow, I've re-uploaded a version of the 0.61 patch that fixes this, so just re-download that. Hope that helps, and thanks again from reminding me!

1. Thank you for helping me with the signatures issue, it works now
2. I'm kinda glued to Age of Empire II right now, I'll get back to you on that :p
Thanks for your help though, it is greatly apprieciated
-Martimus
P.S. The quote by me isn't litterall. You know when someone is in the middle of the road as in, their not good but their not bad. Well, you don't want to be there, so thats the moral of the quote for ya...

OK, if this issue has already been addressed, I'm sorry...
Whenever I load the mod, it takes forever (which I expected) and it says, "GNR Error*: failed to load primary [something]" *It may be a different three letters, it's G-something-something

And also, it complains about my screen resolution.

OK, if this issue has already been addressed, I'm sorry...
Whenever I load the mod, it takes forever (which I expected) and it says, "GNR Error*: failed to load primary [something]" *It may be a different three letters, it's G-something-something

And also, it complains about my screen resolution.

I believe this issue has been addressed before, and in the FAQ, but it's alright - sometimes it's hard to find the posts in the big thread.

Anyhow, I am almost certain that what is causing the problem is that you either renamed the World of Legends mod folder, or put it in the wrong place.

You should have unzipped the folder to the following location with the following name, EXACTLY the following name (if you even have one letter or space off, it won't work - the reason is because the mod's art files have to read the file as this, unfortunately):

Beyond the Sword/Mods/World of Legends

Hope that helps.

OK, I put it in the My Games/Beyond the Sword/MODS as opposed to the game's Mods folder..
I never rename mods anyway..

OK, I put it in the My Games/Beyond the Sword/MODS as opposed to the game's Mods folder..
I never rename mods anyway..

Actually it should be in the game's Mods folder, sorry about the confusion.

Did you install the patch as well?

no, I thought it was in the latest version..

Hi, I'm back, and I am really interested in your mod again!:)
However, I still have the art files issue, so if you can post a link or something so I can download the art files separatly, that would be appriciated. Also, I want to use the graphics you used for the minoan UU for the new civ I'm creating. Also, I may also want to use one of your UB graphics. However, both those require the complete art folders.
-Martimus:D

This looks like a very fun mod, but what kind of bothers me is the lack of ethnic buildings for certain civs (middle eastern, mesoamericans, etc.) Could you please add them in a future version?

Hi, I'm back, and I am really interested in your mod again!:)
However, I still have the art files issue, so if you can post a link or something so I can download the art files separatly, that would be appriciated. Also, I want to use the graphics you used for the minoan UU for the new civ I'm creating. Also, I may also want to use one of your UB graphics. However, both those require the complete art folders.
-Martimus:D

It's going to take a while to load them, but you can expect them to be up in maybe a couple of days or so. I personally don't have any idea why you still can't get the art files, since everybody else has been doing fine.

By chance, are you using a Mac as opposed to a PC?

This looks like a very fun mod, but what kind of bothers me is the lack of ethnic buildings for certain civs (middle eastern, mesoamericans, etc.) Could you please add them in a future version?

Thanks for the suggesiton. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "ethnic buildings"?

No, I'm a Dell all the way! I have a 2007 Dell, uses Windows XP, and has a 32-bit OS. I don't think my computer itself is the issue. I don't know honestly what is.
Thanks for the help though, and take your time, I'm not in any rush. For the mod I'm making, I'm going to be adding some civs from your Civ of the Week thread. Don't worry, if I do post it on here for download, I'll give you pretty much all the credit for the civs, UUs, and UBs I'll be adding. I may also use some of the other modders civs by chance, but it will be mostly made up of civs you made! It will also include...
-The ability to play up to 50 civs on a regular map
-A new world map scenario w/ certain # of civs
-Longer research times
And...
-More moves for units for more exciting and strategic combat
-Martimus
Also, one more question: (for cybrxkhan)
I have noticed that there is a BAK file in the mod folder for all your civs. Is this BAK file important, or can it be left out? If it is important, what is it exactly, and I can't open/modify BAK files, so I could use some help w/ that.

It's going to take a while to load them, but you can expect them to be up in maybe a couple of days or so. I personally don't have any idea why you still can't get the art files, since everybody else has been doing fine.

By chance, are you using a Mac as opposed to a PC?

Thanks for the suggesiton. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "ethnic buildings"?

Oh, by that I mean giving the middle eastern, native american and african cities that look unique instead of sharing the same looks as the european cities. I suggest making them look like the cities in the cultural citystyles graphic mod.

cybrxkhan, any update on this mod. I loved playing it some month ago and can't wait for a new version

Hi all,

I’m returning to CFC. Unfortunately, it’s not in the manner that I – or some of you – might wish.

Some of you might remember me. It’s been a while since I’ve been back on, and I don’t know if some of my old friends here are still back on, but if you guys are, hello again – and hello to any of the new modders and mod-lovers, as well – and sorry, so sorry, for not being on CFC for such a long time.

I’ll get straight to my point. This past year or so, I haven’t been doing anything much related to Civ4 modding – or Civ4 at all. Yes, unfortunately, I think it is time I officially retire from Civ4 modding. As other retired modders have said, when modding feels more like a chore rather than a hobby, there’s really no point of continuing it. Regrettably, this also means that I have a lot of unfinished material (such as WoL 0.70) that will never see the light of day, mostly because it’s in an unplayable state. I have to sincerely apologize to everyone who was patiently and eagerly looking forward to my work but never got anything after all my constant delays, postponing, and – now – ultimate retirement. If anybody wants to attempt continuing my old work, or wants to use some of my old work (or some of the unfinished material I have (for instance I have a few leaderheads lying around)), feel free to PM me and I’ll see if we can work out something. I might be convinced to finish up some of my smaller projects (i.e. diplomacy music but not CotW) if anybody really needs something.

It’s a bit sad to go now, when I haven’t done much in such a long time, but I suppose I might as well do it officially now rather than fade out. I’ve had quite a ton of fun these past few years, learning more about history and programming, making good friends on this board, learning a bit about myself. I don’t know if any of the older generations of modders, including my generation, are still active, but I sincerely hope that I (and others of my generation) have provided good influence on later generations, just as earlier generations of modders (such as Wyz_sub and Arma) provided on me. I want to therefore thank you all of the fellow modders I have worked with and received assistance from, including Wyz_sub, The Capo, Ekmek, Nitram15, veBear, Gaius Octavius, Ball Lightning, Dutchking, The J, and many others I can’t remember, and I also want to thank the countless others forum members who, although not modders, still provided just as much help, encouragement, and guidance. I hope that I was able to provide even a little bit of help, encouragement, and guidance in return.

It’s been really fun. I remember when I first joined five or six years ago, unsure of myself and of my abilities. I was still in high school back then, and I really owe it to the kindness of Wyz sub for taking me in and allowing me to help with the diplomacy music for CivGold. A lot has happened since then, and I’m now in college and the world (including my personal one) has changed much, for better or worse – but I’m certain civfanatics, even if I forget about it from time to time, was an important part of my life for many years, and that is meaningful and wonderful in and of itself.

Anyhow, enough with sentimentality. Once more, I offer my deepest apologies for being unable to finish the work I should have finished a long time ago. However, even though I’m retiring, I’ll still be around Civfanatics, if any of you folks need me, so feel free to chat/argue with me on some of the other forums or send me a PM to talk about the good old days.

See y’all around!

- cybrxkhan

P.S. Although I’m retiring from Civ4 modding, I haven’t retired from modding altogether per se. I might consider going into Civ5 modding if Gods and Kings proves to be entertaining enough (I haven’t bought it yet), and right now I’m dabbling a bit into playing around with CKII.

P.S.S. World of Legends was really my last and greatest child, so to speak, so if anybody here with some modding skills would want to continue my work, please PM me. I don't want it to go to waste!

Its sad when modders leave. Time flies though. I remember it like yesterday that you posted your concept thread for what became this mod in the main civ4 creation and customization board.

I stopped modding Civ3 for similiar reasons, but I still consider myself part of that community.

Anyways thought I'd say something cybrxkhan, I really enjoyed your work on the custom civilizations.

Top Bottom