v.1.61 and PBEM

Fibber

City Hunter
Has anyone patched to 1.61 during mid-PBEM game? Is it advisable or should everyone wait until a current PBEM game is finished?

I just patched for some of my PBEM games, after receiving the games as 1.52. I loaded the 1.52 save into the 1.61 patch. I then sent it onto the next person who had patched, and it's already gone onto the next person after that.
So Patching mid-game definately works without any problems.

Patched and can load 1.52 PBEM saves without any problems.

I've just noticed that as well. In all of my PBEMs so far, the recalculated the year. One of ours went from 1880 AD back to 1755 AD.

I'm getting that as well... in two of my PBEM games the year jumped ahead. The name of the save was also non-standard. Didn't seem to affect the actual gameplay though.

Tempus

Loaded a PBEM save 160AD, opened up and saved at date 320AD...?

Same thing happened to my PBEM games - changes the date on the game. Odd.

Since upgrading to patch 1.61 I'm having problems sending turn emails. My PC now hangs when I click the button to send the email. I had no such problems before installing the new patch.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or suggest a fix?

I actually had that problem quite often in the previous version, where the computer would hang when sending the email from within Civ. And it still happens to me in 1.61. It happens nearly every time I have to open up an advisor screen, or the tech tree, or event log? Anytime I do any of those things and then try to send the save from within Civ it would hang and I have to power off my computer. This happened to me with both 1.52 & still with 1.61. So this isn't something new for me, and it's really annoying.

Top Bottom