V.29 Released !

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
For this version, I've tried to automate some of the actions that were causing trouble for new users (and ancient too !) with the release of Gods and Kings.

So new backgrounds picture and mod logo to make clear that you're in the mod setup screens, and automated activation/deactivation of external components, you'll just have to make sure that the 2 R.E.D. WWII mods are enabled.

Next release will focus on trying to fix the gameplay bugs caused by patch .674 and following...

Available on Steam Workshop and CFC Database

v.29 (Aug 15, 2012):
- Fix Typo : Sherman Easy Eight is M4A3E8
- Add : option to turn off custom events ("fall of..") in the America/Europe 1936 map.
- Add : a quickly made R.E.D. Mod logo (with http://www.onlinelogomaker.com) and some background screens after mod initialization.
- Feature : automatically disable G&K expansion.
- Feature : automatically enable Mongol DLC.
- Feature : automatically disable all mods that are not specifically authorized. (compatibility will be tested case by case, please submit mods to check in the forum)
- Authorize mods : Faster aircraft Animation (v.2) and UI - Summary Clock. (but it will overlap with turn number, I may merge it with R.E.D. instead)

Hello Gedemon :)

Recently I've had a problem playing your amazing mod. No matter what country I play as, after a press next turn it crashes while the turn is loading. The 1939 scenario, I haven't tried any other scenario yet. The revolving earth cursor just changes to the regular mouse and I'm notified that Civilization isn't responding. I don't know what to do. Should I send you a log? If yes, I don't know how to, so I would be grateful if you shared how.

I'm not sure whether this is where I should post this. But I thought version 29 might fix it. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Yes, I'll need your log, see the first post of the bugs report thread for how to activate logging, thanks.

Hello Gedemon :)

Recently I've had a problem playing your amazing mod. No matter what country I play as, after a press next turn it crashes while the turn is loading. The 1939 scenario, I haven't tried any other scenario yet. The revolving earth cursor just changes to the regular mouse and I'm notified that Civilization isn't responding. I don't know what to do. Should I send you a log? If yes, I don't know how to, so I would be grateful if you shared how.

I'm not sure whether this is where I should post this. But I thought version 29 might fix it. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I've had that problem, I disable scripted events!

I have this problem too, it's still here with the v.29. This problem doesn't appear in the 1942 scenario, and I can play without the problem if I do the 1939 scenario in hotseat mod.

it's always at the same turn ? and to be clear it happened before v.29 but you hadn't it before ? since which version ?

Im getting you my log now Gedemon. And yes, it always on the very first turn. If I get past the first turn then it never happens again.

1942 is working, last time I played Stalingrad it worked, but 1936 and 1939 do not work. But if by chance they dont crash on th first turn, the projects work. In 1942 and 1936 the projects are very finicky. The projects work in 1939, as far as I know. What I mean by work: I can build the project, but the unit doesn't show up in my options for production.

Oh, and it's happened to me since version 28 I believe. When I first started playing everything went smoothly until version 28. It may just be a coincidence though, perhaps it has to do with something else.

Hi Gedemon, I've enabled logging, but all I get is:

[1350.048] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

Maybe it doesn't have to do with the mod at all?

Hi Gedemon, I've enabled logging, but all I get is:

[1350.048] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

Maybe it doesn't have to do with the mod at all?

the log is erased when you restart the game, what I need is the log just after one of those "first turn crash" :)

Okay, I might not be able to get it tonight but definitely tomorrow. In the meantime, what I did last time was close Civ after the glitch, but I guess it has to be open still. So when it stops responding, I will get the log before I close it. :)

BTW the new splashscreen with Yamato on it ist just epic... No wait, legen... dary!:w00t:

Hi Gedemon, I've got the Lua log but it won't let me upload it to attachments because apparantly it's invalid.

Where are the T-26s, KV-1s, and Panzer 4s? Even after reaserching the KV-1, I still could not build it.

which scenario ?

Top Bottom