v.85 Japan and France

knightsilv

Chieftain
So, I didn't take screenshots for most of my play, so I apologize for my lack of visuals. However, here are my thoughts:

First, this is the most fun I've had with Civ in a very loonnnnnng time. I loved Rhys and Fall for Civ 4, and I've been waiting for this since Civ 5. As soon as I finish writing this I'll be starting a China game.

Note: Both games were on Prince difficulty.

So first, some things I'm pretty sure are bugs:
-The Amazon river, and one of the rivers In China, do not reach the sea visually. They're placed well on all the tiles, the rivers just don't have visual "mouths"
-In my France game, when Eastern Rome took Cairo from the Mediteranian cities city state, the city of Memphis in North America was renamed "Cairo" and the city in Egypt was renamed "Memphis"

Next, some observations (I'm not sure if these are considered problems or not, but I think I should bring them up):
-In both games, the AI seemed very happy to raise cities to the ground. This left a lot of empty territory in Europe towards the end, which was swallowed up by culture of the remaining cities. Im not sure if this "city deflation" is considered a problem or not, but it did leave Europe feeling bereft of it's "richness"
-When nations were destroyed in war (in my France game it was Germany and Japan who were destroyed) and returned to life later, they were still at war with the nations that destroyed them, leading to a quick termination. Their cause wasn't helped by the fact that no military units "fliped" when they returned to life.
-The Ottomans never took Constantinople in either game
-The Arabs never advanced beyond Cairo in their conquest of North Africa. granted, there was only one city, but they never tried for it.
-In both games Japan took Mexico first. Granted in one game I WAS Japan, but still.
-Asian nations (Japan, India, Korea) blazed past everyone else in tech and stayed that way.
-Coronovirus didn't trigger in my French game. Or if it did, I didn't notice it.
-No one colonized in Australia, the Phillipines, or Hawaii
-The USA was very weak and was defeated. When it re-emerged, it finally colonized deeper int other U.S., but skipped the mid-west, going straight for San Fransisco and Los Vegas, and never closing the gap.

Issues that are known and in the PDF, but I'll mention them anyways:
-Nations were building spaceship parts by the early 1900's, and I achieved a space race victory in the 1950s I want to say. Maybe 60's. So tech is definitely going pretty fast for some.

Things it would be cool to have:
-A roleplay victory option for France. (I'm sure this is coming, I just am really looking forward to it, my favorite nation)
-A map mode or other visual that would let me see my nation's "core area"
-More detailed information on stability

Again though, thank you to all working on this mod for all your efforts. This is the biggest blast I've had in ages, and I'm thrilled to be able to help Alpha test it! I'm looking forward to the next release, and will play v85 into the ground until then.

If there's anything specific I should test or look for, let me know!

-In both games Japan took Mexico first. Granted in one game I WAS Japan, but still.
-Asian nations (Japan, India, Korea) blazed past everyone else in tech and stayed that way.

Yeah now that I think about it, it was the same for me! I think I saw english, indian and japanese Mexico, but most of the games it was japanese.
It surely has to do with the other point as well.

I think it's also related to how small the pacific ocean is on the map as well. It's almost faster sailing to Asia from Mexico than it is from Europe to Mexico.

Top Bottom