v.86 General observations

knightsilv

Chieftain
So to start, I've started many games but not finished any so far.

I figured, though, I could post some initial observations of what may be problems.

First, it seems to be that the Huns are wayyyy more powerful than they were in v.85. In every single game I've played, they've burned every Western European city to the ground, including Rome. I've seen the Papal State form in Spain and North Africa due to a lack of European, Roman cities remaining.

Second, Ethiopia never founds a city in Ethiopia. They always go to Yemen and found Sana'a instead. I'm unsure if they're spawning over there by mistake or simply moving their settler there.

Aside from that, I love the slower tech and various changes that have been made. Going to try to start a game as France now and see if I can actually finish!

No changes have been made to the Huns!
Probably it's just an effect of the slower techs: they find weaker opponents.
Pls confirm if this is the case

Ethiopia is a fixed spawn, randomly between Axum and Sana'a

Reactions: PiR
Hmmm, I'll have to figure out why it's consistently choosing Sana'a then! I also just had a crash, so I'll be posting that save. My next game I'll play as Rome to confirm if the Huns are just finding a very weak Rome.

No changes have been made to the Huns!
Probably it's just an effect of the slower techs: they find weaker opponents.
Pls confirm if this is the case
It varies. Sometimes you find a full world at spawn, sometimes it's quite empty (which I prefer).

I'm now in my Rome game, I was able to withstand the Huns, but I purposely built Citidals, and positioned my troops in the best way, and still lost two cities. So I guess it's just the AI doesn't know they're coming and so can't prepare enough. It was a fun challenge!

Top Bottom