V Leaders Reborn: Which Leaders Do You Want Next?

Which Civ5 leaders do you want to see next in the V Leaders Reborn series? (Choose Your Top 5)

• Ahmad al-Mansur (Morocco)

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Ashurbanipal (Assyria)

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Attila (the Huns)

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Augustus Caesar (Rome)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Boudicca (Celts - Britons?)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Casimir (Poland)

• Catherine (Russia)

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Elizabeth (England)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Enrico Dandolo (Venice - Italy?)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Gustavus Adolphus (Sweden)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Haile Selassie (Ethiopia)

• Harald Bluetooth (Denmark)

• Harun al-Rashid (Arabia)

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Hiawatha (Iroquois)

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Isabella (Spain)

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Kamehameha (Polynesia - Hawai'i?)

• Maria (Portugal)

• Napoleon (France)

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Nebuchadnezzar (Babylon)

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Oda Nobunaga (Japan)

• Pocatello (Shoshone)

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Ramses (Egypt)

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Ramkhamhaeng (Siam)

• Sejong (Korea)

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Theodora (Byzantium)

• Washington (America)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Wu Zetian (China)

Votes: 16 24.2%

• Total voters

The Kingmaker

Alexander
If you're not familiar with the "V Leaders Reborn" project, it's a series of mods that incorporate Civ5 leaders into Civ6, with impressive results. In cases where a given civ isn't yet in the game, they've modded it in (or added the animated V leaders to existing mods).

Check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2101769654

Here's a great example:

So far they've released seven leaders:

Askia (Songhai)
Bismarck (Germany)
Darius (Persia)
Gajah Mada (Indonesia)
Maria Theresa (Austria)
Pacal (Maya)
William of Orange (Netherlands)

The enclosed poll is self-explanatory: which leaders do you want to see released next?

(Note that those V leaders who are already in VI are not included: Alexander, Dido, Gandhi, Genghis Khan, Montezuma, Pachacuti, Pedro, Shaka and Suleiman.)

My understanding is that translating the code from V over to VI is a pretty challenging endeavor. So let's encourage the modding team to keep going by letting them know their efforts are appreciated. Don't forget to subscribe to the project on Steam!

Wow these look gorgeous. Excellent work. <3

I voted for leader sprites that would be easy for the team to animate and are also leaders that I would like to see as Alts: Isabella and Wu Zetian. Also threw a vote for Theodora because I love her voice acting, even if her sprite would be hard to reanimate for Civ VI.

Catherine is someone whom I would LOVE to have back but you would need to buff Peter first. The Grand Embassy is bad and there would be no incentive to pick him anymore.

Deliverator23 is the driving force behind it.

He’s just announced that the next four leaders are going to be Ashurbanipal, Isabella, Dandolo and Oda Nobunaga, in no specified order and with no specific release date.

Excited for more great content!

Deliverator23's mods are incredible. I love his mods of wonders.

I voted for Elizabeth and Ramesses, but I don't know if leaders sitting on thrones would be well suited for the Civ6 leader screen.

I also voted for Catherine, Wu Zetian and Kamehameha, but as long as he leads a Hawaiian civ. I had initially voted for Isabella, but I changed my vote to see that he is going to do her. I confess that I would like almost all of them to be adapted for civ6.

Is this on the steam workshop?

Yes. The link to the Steam mod series page is in the original post.

You have to subscribe to each leader individually, as they are all separate mods.

So far, it looks like the leading contenders are the ladies (specifically Wu, Cathy, Izzy, and ‘Dora), glaring omissions like Assyria, Babylon, and the Iroquois, and for some reason, Napoleon.

I think Napoleon might have a higher score because of how many people where upset by Catherine De'Medici. The female leaders make sens LOL.

I think Napoleon might have a higher score because of how many people where upset by Catherine De'Medici. The female leaders make sens LOL.

Well, we do have two other leaders for France in Eleanor and Sukritact’s professionally animated Robespierre, but I guess I can see how people would want Napoleon back, seeing how iconic he is.

Well, we do have two other leaders for France in Eleanor and Sukritact’s professionally animated Robespierre, but I guess I can see how people would want Napoleon back, seeing how iconic he is.

For some reason I've seen hate for Eleanor as well. (I don't know why she's one of my personal favs.) I think bc she was never queen or something like that.

For some reason I've seen hate for Eleanor as well. (I don't know why she's one of my personal favs.) I think bc she was never queen or something like that.

She was Queen Consort of France, then Queen Consort of England.

She just wasn’t ever Queen Regnant.

Some people are too persnickety.

LOL. I mean wasn't Theodora queen consort?

LOL. I mean wasn't Theodora queen consort?

Theodora was actually crowned as “Augusta” (“empress”), and wielded a lot of power during Justinian’s reign. She had a lot of influence.

France's "Salic Law" meant that a woman could not ever legally be the reigning monarch. Similar prejudices held sway in many cultures around the world, yet we still have a fair selection of rulers who were female, and a wider selection of women who were immensely influential in the history and management of their 'civ'. By combining the two groups Civ VI has managed to come up with a better (IMHO) list of Leaders than a simple selection from 'official' rulers would have provided.

Back when the US Army was just starting to put women into 'non-traditional' roles (1979 - 1990) and there was considerable internal debate in the army about whether women could do those jobs, I wrote an article for my 'trade journal, the Field Artillery Journal pointing out several of the historical combat leaders who were women, and the fact that everything men said women could not do in combat, women had already done. My conclusion was that if women could not do those things in the US Army, it was a product of bad male leadership, not womens' incapacity.
That's probably why they never published the article . . .

Yeah, I’ve never had a problem with the game using prominent characters who were never “official” leaders as their nation’s representative.

Didn't she actually have power in England though when Richard left for his crusade and at least ruled in his name?

Anyway I think the main reason Eleanor does get hate is because she isn't Elizabeth, Napoleon, or Louis XIV. If she only lead England I could understand the frustration, but I've come to terms with her because the most interesting thing about her is she is a dual leader.

Didn't she actually have power in England though when Richard left for his crusade and at least ruled in his name?

I mean, sort of? Richard had a regency council led by a succession of chief justiciars, who were generally less able administrators. John and his allies of course stirred up a bunch of grief during Richard’s absence.

Eleanor as a crowned queen was a natural authority figure in a virtual power vacuum. My understanding is that she was responsible for ultimately gathering Richard’s ransom.

I don’t have a problem with her in the game. I do agree it’s a bit odd to give France two queen consorts (as de facto powers behind the throne).

But Sukritact has given us Robespierre and Deliverator will presumably give us Napoleon at some point.

Louis XIV is an obvious choice and would be nice. Maybe someone will make an animated mod for him someday.

But I for one (and I know I’m in the minority) would not even object to Joan of Arc or Cardinal Richelieu.

I'd love to see the return of Eleanor in a civ 7 expansion. Honestly Louis needs to be in civ 7.

I'd love to see the return of Eleanor in a civ 7 expansion. Honestly Louis needs to be in civ 7.

No idea what will happen in VII. VI tried to be different from what has gone before. Maybe VII will couple some of the changes from VI with some more familiar faces from past versions.

For instance, I prefer Barbarossa to Bismarck, but I can understand wanting Louis or Napoleon for France.

He’s just announced that the next four leaders are going to be Ashurbanipal, Isabella, Dandolo and Oda Nobunaga, in no specified order and with no specific release date.

Thanks for setting up the survey. It is useful to know which Leaders people want to see most.

To clarify what I said I said that the next release would be one of Ashurbanipal, Isabella, Dandolo and Oda Nobunaga - not that these will be the next four released. It is most likely the next release will be Nobunaga (a new CIVITAS Leader) followed by Isabella (swapping art for JFD's Leaders).

As might be obvious my time for modding has reduced lately so that's why I won't commit to dates.

Top Bottom