v0.24 and bug thread

Dsquared did. Thogh I had a look at the .nif files for those resourses and they seem fine (thus we can't blame it on him).

I think we have doubles of all resources because we didn't know how to delete them in XMl without causing problems. I don't know if that's the problem here or not.

I just checked in game and those resourses seem to be fine for me.

I think we have doubles of all resources because we didn't know how to delete them in XMl without causing problems. I don't know if that's the problem here or not.
If your playing with the right map script the double resources should not be a problem.

I intend to remove all doubles and old references to none moon resourses and terrain when I release my new mapscript. (I am able to completely do this then you will no longer be able to play this mod except with the right map script.)

I should have said that I sort of meant the pedia stuff. I hate the fact that the original entries still show up. My bad. Long day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodelf
Isolation is completely being redone and Geo is feverishly working on a BtS version of a tech tree.
Running on 90° F already!!!

While your working on the tech tree I think it would easiest to figure out all the buildings and units we want in the game first, and then think of techs to match each. Obviously there should be no tech that doesn't give you anything new.

I already have a whole bunch.
Really should finish my text and post it for comment.

Yes, its just the tiny icon in the onscreen resource box description that doesnt match whats on the map, the resource on the map is fine. Not a big deal at all just trying to report anything I noticed.

I will try to get a list of redundant health improvements next couple of days.

city health notes

My cities in the early going have 8 average without buildings needed much. 3 being from difficulty level. (keeping in mind several resources add health as well)

City Biodomes give 2 health 3 happy, 1+1 and a little defense bonus?

Air recycler gives 1 health , probaly ok as it adds nothing else

City bunkers, 1 happy and 2 shields, doesnt seem to fit defensive app.

Water reclamation gives 1 happy and 2 health, maybe 1 health and slight growth bonus?

will add more....

I noticed just now the defense of Federation cities , 1 city is defended by 1 radio car, another 2 lunar rovers, this on year 178. Looks like some AI issues on city defense.

Also can confirn city defense units for orbital limited, mostly lunar rovers and a radio car.

Lancers, I guess they are throw-backs, hehe.

Yes, its just the tiny icon in the onscreen resource box description that doesnt match whats on the map, the resource on the map is fine. Not a big deal at all just trying to report anything I noticed.
Okay, so it is the icons. That makes a little more sense. I will try to remember to fix that.

Played up to year 392 and in a war with Unified Trade Authority, They are second in points and too my surprise sent in 22 units on an attack and have razed 2 of my cities. Didnt expect to see AI mass that many troops.

At this point its clear the leading civs can produce a good army, however every civ seems to defends its cities with the explorer type units, This is a major AI issue, not sure why they are doing that. Lunar rovers--lunar scouts are the only units Ive seen defending ai cities.

On the plus side, the tech tree actually seems to function pretty well, and the bigger 2 ai cives are getting quite large and it will actually be very tough to catch up to their expansion, so all-in-all Im having fun with the game, I failed to build enough cities to keep up, 3rd overall. The previous work done on the tech tree and units is actually better than I had realized it would be with the civics and religions needing work. Playing on a large map seems to fit the moon exp. and their is still alot of build-out space on the map, even this far in, which I like.

At this point its clear the leading civs can produce a good army, however every civ seems to defends its cities with the explorer type units, This is a major AI issue, not sure why they are doing that. Lunar rovers--lunar scouts are the only units Ive seen defending ai cities.

I had a look at the unit info xml file and it is very obvious why this is happening. Scouts, Rovers, and Radio cars are listed as a AI city defense units and no other units are listed as AI city defense. I am sure our XML experts GeoModder of Woodelf will fix this before the next version. (nudges Geo to wake up and get to work) :hammer: :trouble:

:lol:
Lemme first put those darned solar panels and settler lander from Woodelf ingame. (after I finish the current version of my Ethnic Citystyle Mod that is ;) )

Once you see the lander in game let me know if you want me to rework the animations. The fidget/idle is annoying to me, but landers aren't idle long so maybe it's not a big deal.

Did we figure out how to make it not move, but airdrop to a spot?

Ok really strange bugs with this unit. Turn 488 built it and at first it showed up without any action buttons. I saved and reloaded and it showed up with the engineer choices(including engineer picture in the choices window) and wouldnt show combat odds. I attacked a city with it and was defeated by a lunar rover:lol:

Top Bottom