V1.15 BETA Release

Tavis

Firaxian
C3C v1.15 BETA Patch:

Get it from: http://www.firaxis.com/downloads_allfiles.cfm

BETA PATCH! Public Release will not be until the end of February so if you aren't interested in reviewing it please do not use it!

Make a backup of your original Civ3Conquests.exe, jgl.dll, and text\labels.txt

Items for v1.15 BETA (1/12/04):
* Corruption was set by Soren to meet his design. The Palace is the only Corruption Free Civ Center. All other cities are affected by their distance from the palace, WLTK Day, Governments, Corruption Reducing Buildings, Corruption Policeman, and the # of cities in your empire. Courthouse effects inscreased from 5% to 10%.

* Updated AI Strategies in Conquests: Mesopotamia - Galley (Naval Power), Enkidu Warrior (Offense), Rise of Rome - All legions (Defense OFF), MesoAmerica - Acali & Great Acali (Acali:Unload/Upgrade & Naval Transport, Great Acali (Upgrade Unit OFF), Age of Discovery - Javelin Thrower (Offense), Missionary (Capture, Offense), WWII Pacific - Fighter Bomber (Bombard!)

* Fixed Random Civ MP Launch OOS

* Secret Police HQ no longer gives effects corruption OR OCN bonus when player leaves Communism. Fixed error with Government required buildings not turning off.

* Updated Civilopedia.txt Forbidden Palace to explain that all cities are still affected by distance from the Real Capital.

* Updated Civilopedia

* Updated PediaIcons.txt

* Fixed Credit Typos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

German, French, Italian, & Spanish BETA 1.15 Update
This will update your version of Conquests to match the English v1.15 that was posted last week.

These files will be moving to the Firaxis FTP site on Wednesday the 21st.

An official-nonBeta patch isn't going to be released until the end of February.

http://www.firaxis.com/downloads_allfiles.cfm

Thank you for your patience,

Jesse Smith
Producer, Firaxis Games

Originally posted by Tavis
BETA PATCH! Public Release will not be until the end of February so if you aren't interested in reviewing it please do not use it!

Just for clarification, do you mean for reviews to be comments posted in this thread, or something more formal?

Also, :thumbsup: Jesse and :band: Sorens on the job!

so what is different from 1.13?

Thank you, Jesse & Company!

I am anxious to try out Soren's corruption model. Out of curiousity, how does this patch compare to 1.12 as far as corruption is concerned?

Are the bugs that were introduced in 1.13 fixed in this version? The changelog doesn't mention a bunch of stuff wrong with 1.13, but are those fixes omitted because 1.13 was never official?

I like the couthouse/police station change :D

Has anyone tried it out yet?

How about CORRUPTION? Does it make more sense now?

Another thing: They should think about the Tempe of Artemis before the final patch, just read a thread about how terribly it sucks, and I could not agree more.

But well -> corruption first! :)

Ceterum censeo Corruption ...*blubb*

What exactly is recemmended to be backed up, and why? We haven't had to back up any individual files in previous beta patches.

And where are the files within the CIV 3 directory?

One question to developers:
Will this patch be released at atarisupport.com like v1.12, or will it be as unofficial as 1.13?

P.S.
One comment about corruption models in 1.13/1.15

It makes position of palace very important.
But, in many random games starting poition of your first city is very inefficient (like the edge of the continent).

So in order to optimize corruption, since FR isn't second core, you need to spend around 1000 shields and move palace to better

place (like center of your empire).

Why not cut cost of Palace in half to compensate?
500 shields is still a lot.

Originally posted by player1 fanatic
One question to developers:
Will this patch be released at atarisupport.com like v1.12, or will it be as unofficial as 1.13?

P.S.
One comment about corruption models in 1.13/1.15

It makes position of palace very important.
But, in many random games starting poition of your first city is very inefficient (like the edge of the continent).

So in order to optimize corruption, since FR isn't second core, you need to spend around 1000 shields and move palace to better

place (like center of your empire).

Why not cut cost of Palace in half to compensate?
500 shields is still a lot.

Very good questions! I would strongly appreciate that change!

What is the patch v1.13? I only have 1.12b! Is 1.12b the same like 1.13?:confused:

Originally posted by Aggie
Baron Rakkan, beta patch 1.13 is a different one and can also be downloaded via a link on this forum. The topic is also stickied.

Thank you. It is my fault, I have forgotten it. [punch] What for a silly question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spank:

Top Bottom