v1.185

Also I have noticed that if you have Varietas Delectat the game shuts down more often, almost once a turn by the modern age. I am guessing this is due to too much CPU being used up.

How do you install the VD into RFC?

Did you install the new RFC folder over the old one? You need to delete the old one entirely or there will be bugs.

Nah, I didn't delete the old one. I'll do that though. Strange though, i've never had to do it before with previous updates that I know of. Surely this will fix it though.

Thanks

Rhye, in the announcement thread, you put for patch 1.19 instead of 3.19. One char edit.

gems need to be added to India, (see image, one on far left)

In the last three games I played (all the games I played so far under 1.185), Greece remains a major juggernaut until the early renaissance. They always have Salona (usually with 2 or more wonders). I'm thinking they were so powerful because Rome in my latest game (under the Spanish), was a hardly a Civ at all. No wonders, no large army, didn't expand into France (I think, not positive), and fell 5 turns after I spawned as France.
Greece stays powerful, with a massive tech lead, 70% of the WW, and was stable. I think that's whyEurope reaced Inductrial era early. I'll try again...

In my Carthage game I'm playing now, Greece did the usual routine of relatively quickly collapsing to barbs. I didn't influence Greece in any way, although I've destroyed Rome.

Maybe Greece warred on Rome in my last game, making one weak and the other [uber (seems like the right word...)] powerful...

In all but one of the games I have played since the patch, there has been a super powered Rome, owning Northern Africa, Egypt, Greece, and some of Eastern Europe. The other superpower was Greece, one time, which took over Rome, and yet destroyed the city of Rome. When you are playing 3000 B.C.E. so many weird variances can occur and chances are the vast majority are nothing unique to the new patch. I think these variances occur more so in the more difficult levels than Viceroy.

Just some general feedback about the patch... I played the Vikings in the 3000BC start. At my spawn date (540AD, iirc), every single civilization was extant: Babylonia, Egypt, Carthage, India, China, Rome, Greece, the Maya, etc. It took nearly 200 years for the first to collapse (Carthage, and then Egypt shortly after), but even the rise of France, Germany, Spain, and England did nothing to ebb the power of the ancient civs. Granted, this might be simply due to the wide variation in 3000BC starts, but this has never happened before in 3000BC starts...

Also, for some reason some times I am not presented the option to change civs. I know that you can't switch to civs that are too close to you geographically or historically, but as the Norse, I couldn't switch to anyone until the Inca, who spawn somewhere around 1200AD iirc.

awesome now i can update all of my mods that i follow without having to worry about general incomparability with 3.19

I'm not sure if this is the patch, but I haven't seen this before. Although I said OMG! ;), I'm putting this in this thread instead. AI Arabia on a 600 AD start made it's way all the way to [Arabian name for Algiers] and are still Stable. They also may get the conquerors event because they already have 3 caravels in the Gibraltar Straight (1430, Portugal start). Patch of not, this is great.

As the Japanese, I just met the Incas and Aztecs (1260 and 1250, respectively). Howcome I did not get the conqueror's event? Too early? Because I have seen China get the conqueror event before.

And once the Europeans arrive in the 1400s or so, will they get the conqueror's event, even if the Incas and Aztecs are my vassals by that point?

I think only on civilization can get the conquerors event from a New World civ. 1250 and 1260 are too early, and China may have seen them around the 1300's.

No, China was a different game on 1.184. I am the first person with optics and no one else met them, I'm positive. I know plague can only happen after 1400, but I don't know about conquerors. But I am worried that once a European (or Arabian) nation gets optics, they will get the conqueror's event even though I have already met them.
Once the minimum turn for the conqueror's event arrives, will I then get my units?

I wanna say 1360 is the earliest you can get conquerors (could definitely be wrong). The work boat trick also seems to have 'broken' or been fixed. I was playing as Arabia and met an Incan work boat east of the Montevideo location and received my conquerors on the copper at the southern tip of Incan land. I had been using world builder though so maybe I somehow had credit for discovering that area without actually seeing it in game. I also discovered the Aztecs though and received no conquerors due to what appears to be the collapsed Mayan independents bug.

If you go to the Challenge Earliest UHV thread you will find out the earliest you get conquerors. In short version though, it is five turns after Aztecs spawn. However you need to meet them at a specific location, most likely their core area. However this puts the conquerors event at 1250 C.E. Also, once you are able to get conquerors you need to lose contact with the New World civilization and re discover them. Then you get conquerors.

Top Bottom