v1.26

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Well, here it is. No vomit icon this time.
This is more an expansion than a corrective patch. Hope you enjoy my effort in adding the very low likeness, cause it was a real challenge to implement. Its purpose is to possibly completely replace standard civ. Please let me know if it can achieve this, and if not, why.

CHANGES
- Added “very high” and “very low” settings: the former is based on Earth2 and really looks like the Earth; the latter is a more generic version of the “low” generator that will result in occasional Panagaea, inner sea or archipelago world or other unpredictable combinations.
- Very low features completely random starting dates!!! Human player will always get a maximum late medieval start, while the AI may span from ancient to 1800. Technologies and units are assigned according to the era, with the addition of cultural group specific bonuses. Hidden growth modifiers are rescaled to the starting year.
- It’s now possible to play in worlds with wrapping enabled on the Y axis, or enabled on both X and Y or disabled on both.
- Terrain can now be assigned following X axis (poles at east-west) or even concentric (pole in the centre or at the edges)
- You can now switch civ twice (as you can’t predict your starting situation)
- Added two more difficulty levels: Governor and Demigod
- More resources available (worlds are now richer, as in RFC) and better spread
- As stability maps are totally dynamic, added stability plot info for helping the player to decide where to settle
- Added main menu world previews varying on likeness
ADJUSTMENTS
- Added adjustments (Gulf Drift effects, cold Siberia, Sahara, jungles) on climate on high and very high likeness
- Arid climate slightly more arid
- Now max 4 flips per city spawn
- A civ can’t suffer more than 2 city flips in a single spawn (1 if it has only 3 cities)
- Russia is more attracted to spawn near Euro civs and less near Asian
- Euro civs should be more attracted to spawn near Rome
- There are now some open passages through jungle
- Added and removed independent cities depending on map size
- Better placement for India, Egypt, Carthage, Ethiopia and Khmer on high likeness
- Tuned culturally linked starting positions strength (lower on very low)
- Changed Ethiopian starting units
- Tuned barbarians
- Added French and German translations of victory goals text
- Easier Russian goal
- Improved shields and commerce in poor starting locations
- Civs spawn at war with random neighbours instead of fixed ones like in RFC
- Added chance of no civs spawning in a portion (1/6) of the map, in low and very low
- Added speed improvement from the Sanguo mod (will be brought to classic RFC too)
FIXES
- “Likeliness” now spelled “Likeness”
- Fixed latitude formula
- Added workaround code to avoid infinite loops on civ spawn
- Fixed python exception on barbarian city founded
- Mercenary lock for the new world civs now working correctly on medium likeness
- Sugar now correctly placed
- Fixed broken stability formulas
- Commented code that was RFC-specific
- Fixed wrong dates that were possibly causing malfunctioning
- Fixed barbarian placement in plots where they are stuck
- Minor civs’ leader name now shown correctly
- Added a temporary fix for the “-1” turns remaining

Thank you Rhye, was waiting all day :)
If we should find any bugs and such, should we keep them to the original thread or post them here?

YES!! I've been waiting all day too! Finally a very high, and very low! This is sweet! I can't wait to start playing this.

Excellent! I didn't visit the board for about two months, and first thing I see when returned is new version published today?

Does it require last patch of BtS?

great. looking forward to playing this baby once I get back to my machine. thanks for your efforts.

Yay! Finally I've been waiting for this but I'll have to wait some more until next weekend. Shame.

I have just played my first 'Very high likeness' game and it was excellent! It really felt like the ancient mediterranean.

* Saladin is asking me to convert every turn.

* I rolled 3 starts with Babylon. None had enough food to grow past size 3 or 4. This is badly unbalanced. The civ has no chance. I don't understand why you don't just use the resource algorithms from the default map scripts. They are much better than anything in RAND.

* Saladin is asking me to convert every turn.

* I rolled 3 starts with Babylon. None had enough food to grow past size 3 or 4. This is badly unbalanced. The civ has no chance. I don't understand why you don't just use the resource algorithms from the default map scripts. They are much better than anything in RAND.

1- this is odd, should have been fixed long ago.

2- same with the starts, should have been ok

please post saves of both

I can confirm that Babylon and Egypt have usually very poor starting locations (more desert than flood plains), and can't grow quick enough. I was able to get the 1st UHV for Egypt and even the Oracle, but getting a settler to the shore was going to need 25 moves at size 4, let alone getting the other 2 wonders.

I've had some great starting locations with both Egypt and Babylon on Huge/Very high/Monarch. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the likeness setting.

I have to say that I enjoy too much the very high likeness version! :goodjob:

please post saves of both

OK. Here are the next 3 Babylon saves I rolled, on huge/high. The amount of food in the middle save is more than I saw in the other 5 rolls, but I think it's still kind of low.

Attachments

• Mansa Musa AD-1350 Turn 256 persistent Saladin.CivBeyondSwordSave
    658.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Hammurabi Stone Age Turn 0 no food 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    71.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Hammurabi Stone Age Turn 0 no food 2 (size 7).CivBeyondSwordSave
    70.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Hammurabi Stone Age Turn 0 no food 3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    68.8 KB · Views: 68
OK, I've played and loaded about 20 Egypt starts, on various sizes and climates. There is no way one can win unless one is really lucky. I got the first 2 criteria twice, but lack of food makes generating a great artist impossible. The other starts there's no food or no marble (I didn't even attempt the starts without stone). And the Nile must have been the shortest river known to man (it was only 2 tiles long most of the time).
The best I've done is having 1 city on the coast, with 1 stone but no food resource.

By near do you mean within 6 tiles? Because if it's there, I can't see it unless I look in WB.

I think what would work is if the ancient civs have longer rivers and more floodplains near these rivers, and ensuring that they have at least 1 food resource (right now they seem to be concentrated in Europe and China). One does not need 4 golds or 3 elephants in Egypt.

I'm going to try the European civs, maybe they'll have better luck. It seems that the early civs are really hit and miss except for China.

Top Bottom