v1.3.0 Won't Start

rjperry5

Chieftain
Please help. I was playing Civ6 on my Mac 10.15.4 when the (auto) update kicked in for Civ6 v1.3.0. The game crashed and even after the update it wouldn't go beyond the "Loading, Please Wait..." screen. I rebooted etc. and eventually deleted the program and reinstalled, but that didn't help. If no one else is having this problem with the new update I'm guess a file is corrupt. Any suggestions??

I have done a complete reinstall after deleting (and then restarting) >Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder in Application Support. Still won't load past "Loading. Please Wait..."

I got the same issue. Updated CIV 6 con App Store, then I updated OS (Catalina 10.15.5).
The game get stuck on "Loading, please wait" when I start it. Tried waiting for an hour aprox and it doesn't unstuck

I got the same issue. Updated CIV 6 con App Store, then I updated OS (Catalina 10.15.5).
The game get stuck on "Loading, please wait" when I start it. Tried waiting for an hour aprox and it doesn't unstuck

I contacted Aspyr Support and they replied:
"This is likely due to a known issue that we are currently investigating. I will go ahead and escalate this ticket to our bug reports so that we will be able to notify you when we have any new information on this issue.
"In the meantime, please try launching the game in Metal. You can find this on the game's Launcher. In the launcher window, select Options, then Game Settings. Select Metal, then launch the game."

I contacted Aspyr Support and they replied:
"This is likely due to a known issue that we are currently investigating. I will go ahead and escalate this ticket to our bug reports so that we will be able to notify you when we have any new information on this issue.
"In the meantime, please try launching the game in Metal. You can find this on the game's Launcher. In the launcher window, select Options, then Game Settings. Select Metal, then launch the game."

Awesome! let's hope they don't take too long...

I have the same problem. I followed the advice to select metal which solved the loading issue but I now get lines and some weird graphics problem with the game. Something I didn't have prior to the update.

In a further communication with Aspyr they wrote:
"The main differences between Metal and OpenGL is that Metal generally has better performance, but OpenGL tends to look better. Ultimately, it mostly comes down to preference, as well as what your computer can run.
"Also, regarding this issue, we've found some users were able to launch in OpenGL by disconnecting from the Internet. I'd recommend disabling wifi and disconnecting any ethernet cables from your mac, then trying to launch in OpenGL."

Did you guys do anything to prompt the update to 1.3.0? I can't download the new pack and now it appears that may be because I haven't updated, but when I check for updates in the App Store none are available.

I've been able to play just fine since NFP but just got the June 2020 Update last night... game seemed to play fine last night; however, this morning, Civ just crashes without even getting anywhere.

Interestingly, I did get to the Main Menu initially and it seemed different (buttons seemed muted or something).

Top Bottom