V1.52 bugs: Multiplayer and building empty

sam0t

Chieftain
Hello there

V1.52 seems to improve performance by alot but there are couple nasty things I have noticed.

Multiplayer:

Yesterday we started a new multiplayer game with couple of friends, we have been playing with this bunch about 6 games now. Now with V1.52 we played about 20 turns in which after one of my friends game crashed and we had to restart the game. My friend joins up to the game, picks his civilization but when the game begins it automaticly pops up the VOTE screen and my friend cant join up.

Now we tryed everything, we loaded up earlier autosave games, we started the game and waited him to join in the middle of the game. No go, always when my friend tryed to join up the VOTE screen popped up and he could not join the game. Finally we started a brand new game and everything worked flawlesly from that point on. Too bad in the bug game I had perfect starting position, naturally :mad:

Building nothing:

In single player game I have noticed that sometimes, (even if I have the advisory pop up enabled) the "what do you want to build next?" pop up refuses to show up. Now I merrily press enter and notice maybe 5 turns after that my city has been building nothing for the entire time.

Hope these are fresh bug reports and Firaxis can do something about em.

I run a 1.6Ghz AMD Athlon with 768Mb DDR3 RAM and GE5500 256Mb Card.

Game worked OK before V1.52, but slo-ow after 1800AD and only Standard Map or smaller.

Post patch is much faster earlier in game, loading, wonders movies, but noticeable slowdown still, still can't play bigger than standard map and I notice the leaderheads now have ghosting on startup, teeth and eyes look zombie-like momentarily.

Next Patch please!

Top Bottom