v1.52 Patch results

How did the new patch work for you?

• The patch fixed all my problems and the game is now perfect!

Votes: 95 26.4%
  • It fixed some of my problems and the game is at least better.

Votes: 140 38.9%
  • It might of fixed a few problems but for the most part nothing really changed.

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • The game is a little worse but not too bad.

Votes: 15 4.2%
  • The game is now utterly unplayable and I am plotting against Firaxis as we speak.

Votes: 30 8.3%
  • I plan on not downloading the new patch till I see if other people say it works or not.

Votes: 35 9.7%

• Total voters

The Condor

On an excellent adventure
Hi, I just wanted to see how everyone did with the new patch. Personally, my game has been incredibly sped up, no more memory leaks, alt-tab is a snap and more! Also, so far I haven't noticed any bugs or problems with it so kudos to Firaxis:).

It's nice that I can make my workers leave forests when automated. Before the patch, they'd chop down every single forest.

I love the new regenerate map feature, that has to be just about the best thing about this new patch.

Yeah, those are pretty good. However, I did notice building new cities become serious drains on your economy. Like I was playing a tiny pangaea and I built two cities (within five moves of the capital) and they knocked my research down to 60% in a heartbeat. Also, the AIs are way more aggresive than before and smarter if I may say so myself.

vbraun said:
The game is MUCH smoother then before.

Yeah, you are right. I can alt-tab in a heartbeat (but I have to remember to be doing something first or else it jams my mouse) and the little ticker now is actually helpful (since it only shows the most current things):eek:!

Fixed all graphical issues I had and is so much smoother than before. Still lags alittle in late-game but is by far more playable, proberly now limited by hardware. Wonder movies are still choppy though. On the whole, it is a vast improvement. Hats off to the development team, finally.

Zanmato said:
Fixed all graphical issues I had and is so much smoother than before. Still lags alittle in late-game but is by far more playable, proberly now limited by hardware. Wonder movies are still choppy though. On the whole, it is a vast improvement. Hats off to the development team, finally.
They are suppose to realease Low-Res wonder movies sometime soon. :)

Wow, it has been a day with the patch out and only (allegedly) 26 people got it:eek:! Wow, and I thought my internet was bad:lol:!

Where is the option for:

"There was no need for the patch, my game worked fine out of the box".

That's MY vote.

I haven't tried the patch yet, as it keeps failing to download all day from the in-game update.

I've never had problems with the game though (except for sometimes when units engage units, they appear invisible). I run an ATI 9800xt 256mb agp card as well, and I've heard ATI users are the ones with major problems. I don't know what it is, maybe the fact that I keep my system up to date and stable as a rock with latest drivers, and routine clean-ups and formats. I play at High graphics settings, and the gameplay is smooth compared to other stuff out there like Age of Empires 3.

Holy crap, it's so responsive now.

I was only disappointed by two things:

1. Before the patch, my huge empire was pulling in around $550/turn. After the patch, I'm in the red at -$300/turn.

2. There's some problems with the shrowd. Even with my unit selected, the shrowd in certain areas covers everything up, including a city and units. I'll post a screenshot in a minute.

Here it is. It wasn't as bad as last night, but you can still see the shrowd creeping into my territory.

It's worth noting that I was at war with those cities' previous owner at the time of the patch.

Attachments

• Shrowd.jpg
    Shrowd.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 3,308
southjerseyrisi said:
Where is the option for:

"There was no need for the patch, my game worked fine out of the box".

That's MY vote.
Hmm.. you know when you go to F4 and look at the trade table? Does your version allow you to see how much money your opponents have to trade in lump and per turn? I bet not if you don't have the latest patch.

It's worth it to get even if you weren't having problems before. I didn't have major problems either.

I have got XML errors "XML uncatched" DBG: NOT Using XML cache, failed to find crc.dat file after the patch!

plus another log i've discovered:

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found

very annoying!

If this is the prize to pay for able to mod the game hmmm...I'm not sure i want the mod support!:(

The game slows down for me after any movies have been played. It never did this before. :(

2.2GB CPU,
128mb GeForce 6800,
512DDR RAM,
Version 1.52.

this patch is great! the civilopedia is finally integrated in the science advisor and the gold icon no longer looks like a smiley face! and the game just runs a lot smoother! good work

I have civ on 2 computers:

Noticeable tiny improvements on 6800GT.

Seems slow as ever on 9600XT.

Top Bottom