1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v1.61 - Hit Musicals, Movies and Singles decreasing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Matty R, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

When I installed Civ4, Broadway provided 7 Hit Musicals, Hollywood provided 7 Hit Movies and Rock & Roll provided 7 Hit Singles.

After a few games these numbers decreased to 6 each. I've just finished a game where I was getting 6 of each resource.

After finishing that game, I went to the Civilopedia and found that the 3 wonders now provided 5 of each resource.

Anyone know whats going on? :confused:

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

You are changing the map size :p
    Spoiler more info :
    the number of bonus resources you get from these wonders scales with map size and the civilopedia ingame will show you the numbers for the current map

3. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

I've only been using Large Pangea maps. If I use WorldBuilder to increase the amount of land on the map, would that decrease the bonuses?

Thanks for the reply by the way. :)

4. ori

No, it definitely only scales with the map size you select (since it takes the values based on the pre defined map sizes from the xml), I would not worry about what the civilopedia says outside the game since it takes its values from standard size maps (IIRC) - if indeed you never used huge maps (which has 7) and it decreased in number from 7 to 6 something is fishy - but to be honest I suspect you used huge and then went down in map size ;)

5. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

I used to use Huge maps, then moved onto Large. Thanks for the help. I feel better now. :)

6. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

I think it scales for number of Civs left as well, I'm sure I only get enough for one for each remaining Civ plus myself. I haven't checked it in game, but I don't remember having spare. Or perhaps it's my imagination....

7. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

I tend to play with 10 civs in total, but I don't get enough for everyone. It looks like it does depend on the world size. My Civilopedia says 5 will be provided, but I actually get 6 on a Large map. :)

8. ori

:agree: :p

It does indeed only depend on world size - the weird thing about the Civilopedia is that it is dynamic - so it will tell you the standard map values if you look at it from the main menu and the values for the current map size if you look at it from inside an active game - i.e. it should tell you "5" from the main menu and "6" when you play on a large map and open the Civilopedia ingame.

9. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

I think thats what confused me. :)