v1.980 – v1.480 – v1.180

Rhye

's and Fall creator
As you can see from this log, all the issues mentioned in these last months have been taken care of. With the new PC I could now focus especially on the late game. Read it carefully.

Somehow, this creature manages to get better and better just when I thought that there's nothing left to improve...
And I am having that feeling now as well, should I trust it this time?

Oh, the version number of BTS has been shifted because I made confusion with 1.09 and 1.089, so I took advantage of this and aligned the number with the other 2.

CHANGES
- New Roman goal, that kills the exploit°°
- Ziggurat is the new Babylonian UB
- Milan replaced by Venice in 600 AD start
- In 600AD, Rome is set with less economic buildings and with no chance of building the Church of Nativity, moved to Jerusalem, but more defensive buildings to make it more resistant
- Defensive pacts more likely to be signed, and most important, they aren’t cancelled on war declared by any faction (except the case of declaring on a friend or a friend of the friend). This will make the late games develop into a more civ3-style complex diplomacy, and the foreign advisor will be much more useful, but the result will be 2 or 3 strong coalitions rather than a intricate graph. European wars will be common since the Renaissance, and world wars will be common in the late game. Furthermore, there’s a cap of max 3-6 civs per coalition°°
- Byzantium starts at peace with all Christian countries, so that it isn’t continuously under attack by German and Dutch troops
- AI research rate slowed down, and adjusted depending on the handicap level (slower research rate on emperor, faster on viceroy)°°
- Optics requires Guilds and costs more°°
- Nationalism, Democracy, Military Tradition and Constitution swapped to achieve more realism and push Nationalism much later°°
- Taj Mahal moved to Constitution because of this°°
- Research Insitute moved to Electricity and Labs to Computers°
- Congresses disabled on UN built°°
- As Congress are now limited to mid 1900 and pushed later by the new position of Nationalism, they require just 1 civ to discover Nationalism (not counting America, who has it assigned at spawn)°°
- AI will always vote NO to No nuclear proliferation if no nuclear unit has ever been built in the world (this was a lock preventing, when the UN came before Manhattan, nukes to be ever built)°°
- AIWars routines completely rewritten: triggered less often and skip completely if a world war is already in place°°
- Collapses now can produce a few barbarian cities, along with independent (not needed in vanilla)°
ADJUSTMENTS
- Rewritten a part of the code so that it avoids saving and loading data from python often, cos they slow down considerably°°
- Mainz replaced by Frankfurt and Regio Tripolitana renamed Tripolis in 600 AD start
- Updated city renamings°°
- Updated city and settler maps°°
- Tuned some civ specific stability modifiers°°
- Tweaked religion generic spread rates°°
- Added some tweaks that should prevent a Christian Turkey and Mali (but they don’t actually seem to work)°°
- Cheaper mercenaries maintenance (especially for expensive units and later eras)°°
- More mercenaries are added each time they are refreshed°°
- Adjusted hidden modifiers°°
- AI more likely to do trade embargos°°
- Refined dynamic names system, now some names (such as the Egyptian New kingdom) will appear earlier°°
- Slightly improved selection of cities to request in a Congress for the human player°°
- Hereditary rule slightly less important for the AI (brought back to the level of vanilla and Warlords)
- Aksum now Christian in the 600 AD start
- Domination threshold raised for allowing german uhv°°
- Minor civs can no longer start golden ages°
- More city razing, BTS should now be more similar to Warlords and vanilla
- More barbarians in Africa and Europe (thus, more razing)°
- Revived civs without the original capital available (i.e. if it has been razed) are assigned the most ancient and populated city as capital instead of the most western one°°
- Byzantine and Celtic cities more likely to flip°
- European civs less likely to build the Great Wall°
- Tweaked some AI tech preferences (like the Vikings with Civil Service)°
- Attitude modifiers for same or different religion vary on the era, with a peak of cohesion for the brothers of faith and hatred for the heathens in medieval times, and a peak of neutrality towards both brothers and heathens in renaissance and industrial°°
- AI more likely to build the Manhattan Project and nukes°°
- Slightly reduced the effect of the Turkish UP on the outer city box°
- Reduced the extra weight AI assigns to units due to the aggressive flag
- Slightly reduced the generic weight AI assigns to units°°
- Scientific Method moved to Renaissance (no real important effect on the gameplay except that the graphical era change is pushed forward)°°
- Added stability normalization per continent°°
FIXES
- Fixed French and Viking random city lists°°
- Fixed some python exceptions°°
- Fixed Mayan UHV
- Fixed Celtic and Byzantine city renaming in MP
- Fixed Celtic, Korean and Zulu mercenaries buggy name°°
- Fixed double Turkish unit spawn°
- Human player won’t start as vassal anymore°
- Fixed font size in foreign advisor°°
- Fixed an error in the Great Depression code, now should be working correctly (and appear more often!)°°
- Commented some annoying debug prints°°
- Fixed an error in the calculation of stability expansion modifier°°
- Victory scripts skipped when historical victory is disabled°°
- AIwars system won’t make AIs declare war on dead civs anymore°°
- Rewritten broken Indian UHV code°°
- Uncompleted goals set to failed when a civ dies°°

remember to download the updated unlocked WBS pack!

Thank you thank you thank you!! Now I'll finally have something to do other than trying to conquer the emperor level. :)
Damn, the whole wiki will have to be rewritten; no more Viking or Spanish Rome! No more early French Milan flip! No more British Scientific Method beelining! No more early Viking Optics win!

Just played a game as France. Had to use the Frankfurt-razing and Breme/Constance squatting technique (otherwise no place to expand). Interestingly, Netherlands continues to exist even though they have no cities. If it were not for liberalism I wouldn't even have gotten Astronomy in 1500. Most AI civs (including Spain surprisingly) got Astronomy in the mid 1500's and didn't have colonies until late 1500's. Even without Rome (which, like Venice, is terribly strongly fortified), France can be won in 1700 in Monarch.

The higher price of optics/astronomy bodes poorly for every other civ that doesn't have France's financial power, including England, Spain and Vikings. (I got Radio in 1690)

Most of the 600 AD European UHVs in emperor are going to be impossible without Rome. :(
BTW, the temple of Kukulnan is still built even before Maya spawns in Emperor.

I like Astronomy comming late, as it means that the Americas are under Spanish and Portugese controll, until france, england and denmark get astronomy which is more accurate.

Looks great.......thanks Rhye! :goodjob: :goodjob:

I really hate when new version come out, as sometimes the file hijacks my config.ini file and I have to recopy an old one and paste it in.

What Roman exploit?? sorry! I don't follow the threads here, and with a quick forum search, it wasn't readily apparent....

Either...

the second UHV Goal for the Roman Civilization ("Every city over population x needs to have a barrack, etc. ...), where you could whip your cities down below population size 5 so that you didn't actually need to build any building at all to reach the goal.
(The new goal needs you to have built an amount of x for several buildings in total)

Or...

The "exploit" where capturing Rome in the 600 AD start pretty much guarantees you a victory as any of the European civs. The Reason being that Rome with the Christian Holy City and the Apostolic Palace gave you money and more things.

Just finished England in 1690. Noted a couple things:
1. If you really want optics bad, trade for guilds and engineering from the AI who's sure to research it.
2. Late nationalism might mean late respawning of India, which helps with the English UHV, but bad for Turkey.
3. The impi seem to be much weaker without Zimbabwe and with an independent Aksum. I only saw a few in S. Africa.
4. The monarch AI is going for cheap techs like literature and drama rather than expensive but important ones like Astronomy, SM and Physics
5. Russia remains very weak and behind everybody. Mongolia has no chance of ever acquiring its empire in my last 2 games (was Turkey's vassal), and China is much stronger (never collapsed despite wars with both Mongolia, Japan and Khmer).

"- Congresses disabled on UN built°°"

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tahnks Rhye, that was REALLY irritating!

Reducing the number of congresses and making nationalism a later thech has basically made useless the ethiopian power

Top Bottom