v1.983 - v1.483 - v1.183

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Consider this a Christmas present :xmascheers:

CHANGES
- Barbarian pressure tuned again, a middle way of how it was in 1.182 and it used to be in 1.181°
- America now starts with democracy°°
- Adjusted Roman and Mayan goal deadline°°
- Squatting enabled only in “cheat mode”. Press SHIFT+ALT+Q to enable it°°
ADJUSTMENTS
- Tuned research rate of the ancient civs°°
- Tuned research preferences of ancient civs°°
- Adjusted handicap levels°°
- The Great Wall costs more
- More city renamings (special thanks to star15389)°°
- Updated settlers maps°°
- AI Vikings and Germans may now get free colonists°°
- Adjusted Viking spawn area°
- Tuned some civs strength°°
- Mongol UP now is triggered at the end of the same turn, too, instead of only at the end of the following°°
- Mongol UP now always applies to independent cities, regardless of the nationality of the city razed°
- Tuned flood plains stability modifiers°°
- Starter civs should now suffer less instabilty°°
- New textures of Frederick, Victoria and of the coast°°
FIXES
- Milan now spawns and flips correctly°°
- Indian founding of Judaism now will always be possible°°
- The African invisible line will move dynamically, so it won’t stop barbs anymore
- Fixed Mayan goal check
- Wonders lock for UHV sensitive wonders should now work°°
- Fixed possible python exception when free colonists are given to AI°°
- Fixed a bug in the revolts code; may have fixed the odd revolts in cities of the same nationality°°
- Fixed “D” loading times shown in pedia
- Barbarian leader not shown in the pedia anymore**
- Fixed leader backgrounds°°

Magnificient Rhye! :goodjob:

Nice way of implementing a compromise solution for the squatters issue.

Consider this a Christmas present :xmascheers:

I'm opening it right now. Thank you, merci, grazie, dankie, dakujem!

- The African invisible line will move dynamically, so it won’t stop barbs anymore

So that means if Carthage survives, war between Mali and Carthage may actually mean, potentially, real fighting? :)

Cheers :beer:

I am finding Judiasm impossible to found at the moment with the new patch, monarch difficulty. From 6 starts, the latest it has been founded is turn 41, most times it has been founded by turn 35. The earliest I have been able to complete Monotheism is turn 48 (which included popping agriculture from a hut). I am out of ideas how to speed it up, although I don't doubt somebody can do it quicker

What is the earliest anyone has researched Monotheism, and how did they do it?

Turn 47, by founding Lahore on the sugar, teching Masonry, building a worker right away, and quarrying the marble. I've seen Judaism found as late as turn 50, but I was playing as CHina at the time.

Also, when I continued playing as India, I was beaten to Priesthood by the Greeks.

:( i was getting use to playing as Cartthage :(

:( i was getting use to playing as Cartthage :(

yeah but there are much less units created

So, not only is squatting disallowed in the standard game, but squatters are now officially considered cheaters. Isn't that adding insult upon injury? :eek:

what? I thought this could have been the perfect compromise. If this solution still doesn't satisfies you, I give up.

what? I thought this could have been the perfect compromise. If this solution still doesn't satisfies you, I give up.

Please Rhye, don't bend too much to these types. The squatting exploit should have been fixed ages ago, in an ancient version of this mod. Because it's been a while, the exploit has become a literal feature for some, and they've become dependent on abusing it just to play their game. It's bad enough you're even letting them still use it; calling them a cheater is calling them what they are.

So, not only is squatting disallowed in the standard game, but squatters are now officially considered cheaters. Isn't that adding insult upon injury?

And somebody made the fine distinction between cheats and exploits (since I took umbrage at being called a cheat).

Well, now I'm officially called a cheat (at least in my past exploits). :woohoo::dance::rotfl:

Anyway, thank you very much Rhye for the patch and your consideration. I'm going to finish my Mongolian game with the new version and hopefully it will be much more productive with the fixed UP.

Well, now I'm officially called a cheat (at least in my past exploits). :woohoo::dance::rotfl:

I built Breme as France when I achieved my conquest victory, so you're in good company. ;)

I won't be doing so in the future though under the new patch, as I don't even know how to enable "cheat" mode.

EDIT: and I don't intend to find out either.

Top Bottom