v1.984 - v1.484 - v1.184

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Happy 2009!

Again, this patch is aimed to make the game less exploitable but at the same time less frustrating, especially after seeing the comments in the newbies' succession game.

CHANGES
- Added chance of skipping one plague epidemic°°
- Considerably less units flip during a war with a civ just spawned, but to counterbalance this, new civs’ units are “semi-immune” (that means, there’s 50% chance that a new unit is added every time one is killed) the first 2 turns while they are in the capital plot (prevents the exploit of the early attack, that didn’t trigger the unit flips)°°
- Tech brokering enabled with mass media°°
ADJUSTMENTS
- Victory screen now shows land percent without vassal counted too, as it’s necessary for the UHVs°
Tuned barbarian pressure in Asia°°
- Changed Dutch, Portuguese and Turkish starting units so that they don’t leave the capital almost empty, and the exploit of killing Portugal right from the start is no longer as easy°
- Baltic region now included in the Russian spawn area°°
- Adjusted area where conquerors can spawn°°
- Plague can last max 9 turns instead of 10°°
- During congresses, human player won’t be asked cities based on historical maps°°
- Tuned barbarians in America°°
- Less research penalty and instability for giga empires°°
- Tuned some civs’ strength°°
- New city renamings°°
- Barbarian units too close to spawn area of medieval civs in the turns after the spawn now get killed instead of converted°°
- Vikings sitting and not founding cities issue seems fixed, but it’s not 100% assured (starting units changed too)°
- Updated tundra textures°°
- Egyptian 3rd goal slightly easier°°
- Tuned random events requirements
FIXES
- Fixed python exception during American UP°°
- Fixed Persian and Mongolian goal not assigned°°
- Fixed Roman goal check°°
- Hidden a few starting stability bonuses that were shown in the advisor°°
- Fixed name of Seoul in 600AD start
- Independent cities can’t be founded if the plot is occupied by a barbarian unit°
- War with independents should no longer prevent vassalage of other civs at peace with them°
- Greece no longer spawns with an archer without archery (now with a warrior instead)°°

- Added chance of skipping one plague epidemic°°

Does this work for the AI too?

I think I'll play without the plague anyway, for the sake of the AI.

- Victory screen now shows land percent without vassal counted too, as it’s necessary for the UHVs°

But is Vassal Domination still doable?

- Vikings sitting and not founding cities issue seems fixed, but it’s not 100% assured (starting units changed too)°

Just from scientific interest, what was causing it?

So now I'll declare war on the new civs, wait 2 turns and then crush them.:mwaha:
Also, Rome has a much better chance now of dominating Europe if they don't get those free converted swordsmen and horse archers.
Is this patch backwards compatible with 1.183?
Thanks very much.

So now I'll declare war on the new civs, wait 2 turns and then crush them.:mwaha:

next time I'll add a rule that if default player name begins with "A" and ends with "cifist", on war declared a plague will strike only human player's units!

Is this patch backwards compatible with 1.183?

I'm not sure, but I think so

Does this work for the AI too?

yeah, a plague may be entirely skipped

But is Vassal Domination still doable?

the change only affects UHV, displaying the real numbers

Just from scientific interest, what was causing it?

I'm not sure.
The main changes since 1.181 regarding Vikings were:
- more barbarians around
- lowered modifiers in western scandinavia settler map, to allow dutch ships to pass more easily
- lowered modifiers in norhern scandinavia settler map, to allow russian ships to pass more easily

I tried to revert all the changes, but they kept behaving like that. In the end, I raised back the modifiers just a bit and protected them from barbs. Sometimes they do develop, sometimes (less often) not.

the change only affects UHV, displaying the real numbers

But wouldn't that cause some inconvenoence when trying for domination, not knowing how much territory exactly do you (with your vassals) control exactly?

Will the update delete my Hall of Fame?
May sound stupid, but I'd like to keep it, so after I've won every UHV I can try to beat the old scores :)

Yes, I could do a screenshot, but still...

next time I'll add a rule that if default player name begins with "A" and ends with "cifist", on war declared a plague will strike only human player's units!

And the battle between Rhye's coding and AP's ability to find exploits continues :D

Well, I have to say the Vikings are well compensated for their lack of squatting now. They have all longbowmen (instead of archers), a free scout and 2 axemen preloaded. Using these was able to raze proto-Inverness, found Dublin, and on the 3rd move after the English spawn, I found Birka (1SE of Inverness). (I have just noticed that there's a squirrel beneath Inverness, which probably explains why I was able to whip so early as the English). They are now my voluntary vassals. :lol:

I have just noticed that there's a squirrel beneath Inverness

How dare you insult the Beavers! :mad:

Also, Rome has a much better chance now of dominating Europe if they don't get those free converted swordsmen and horse archers.

No he said *near* the spawn area not *in* the spawn area. So they will get the same number of converted units but less barbs to attack them in the next turns. At least this is how I get it.

aah, it means the "second" flip occurrence. In RAND this was creating huge armies though :D

Just in time for the new year...

Top Bottom