Tobacco!
Ostriches!
Shark fins!
Cats!
Alcohol!
Platinum!
Neodymium!

And so on...:p

Arkaeyn: Just to give an interesting piece of information, most dogs that people believe are French Poodles in fact originated in Germany. The German word Pudel means, "to splash in water." The Poodle was adopted into France later.

This has to go down as one of the most extraneous pieces of trivia I've ever come across.

:goodjob:

Regrading resources, it is actually not very easy to add a new resource.
It is probably a better idea to search for resources whose graphics are already made.

It is certainly much easier than tuning down the barb rates, meddling with the AI or making different areas more for appealing for settlement. Such things Rhye has been doing for a few patches' length now.

What about Salt? It would make the Mediterranean more appealing place to settle, though only lightly.

It is certainly much easier than tuning down the barb rates, meddling with the AI or making different areas more for appealing for settlement. Such things Rhye has been doing for a few patches' length now.

What about Salt? It would make the Mediterranean more appealing place to settle, though only lightly.

Salt
1) was very valuable, even used as currency and wars over it
2) has existing graphic

sounds good, what would it's bonuses be, health and a lot of commerce?

Too much salt on your chicken anyone?

Wasn't Saltpetre was removed between CivIII and CivIV for a good reason?

Too much salt on your chicken anyone?

Wasn't Saltpetre was removed between CivIII and CivIV for a good reason?

salt not Potassium nitrate... because it hurt people horribly if the didn't have resources, imagine longbowmen defending against Grenadiers or Riflemen...

salt not Potassium nitrate... because it hurt people horribly if the didn't have resources, imagine longbowmen defending against Grenadiers or Riflemen...

This is no different to not having any of Iron/Copper as a strategic resource though. Ethiopia has to defend against Impis without these for quite some time usually for instance.

I think that the main idea is that you should be able to build the most basic city defender without any resource. At least, even without iron, you can build archers and longbowmen.

I must report another bug. I don't know if it's been mention before, but the new legions animate in a funny way, where they seem to rise from the dead after they're killed in battle. Although I must also commend how Carthage seems to settle Spain properly finally.

Back on the chicken subject:

adding recouces would not be smart, that's true, although Ostriches would be nice ;)

I have had trouble trading pigs to muslim or jewish civs from the moment I got cIV, that's why I'd like a chicken recource replacing pigs. Same for wine. Even better would be flavour religions, but discussing this will end up with fights, riots and the spilling of blood on this forum. So I'll just keeo trading pigs with my muslim neighbourgs.

I actually liked the religions from Rise of Mankind mod. It had much more religions than vanilla CIV, religions like Hellenism and Egyptian Mythology, and each religion had a unique wonder that gave unique bonuses. And also some religions like the ones I've mentioned weakened in power over time, while others like Judaism, Christianity, and Hinduism didn't (or not significantly).

Awesome, plague that never goes away what a piece of . .. .. .. . concept.

Are you reporting a bug, or just dislike the plague? If the latter, just disable it. You can download the file disabling it here. It just changes the requisite tech for plague immunity to Agriculture. The Ameridian First Contact plague is still in, however. Also, sometimes it bugs and punishes Ameridians for a second time.

The plague is a great concept, it is entirely realistic, and it adds more reason for people to play games.:)

No I am not joking and I would like to know how you could believe a plague that kills as little as less than half the population is unrealistic.

I disable plague for the sake of quantity-not-quality AI's. It is never a problem for my empires, although I never liked it either.

You are not openly bashing it and insulting Rhye for its inclusion though. You found away around it because you have more fun playing the mod without it. He is saying there is no positive reason for its inclusion.

Yeah, jgbaxter is troll-ish, to say the least.

Top Bottom