v1.986 – v1.486 – v1.186

The reason behind the plague is to speed up the game by reducing units and thus reducing computing time. It does occur evenly spread out on the turns (that's why ;-)).

Regarding the strength (it does kill the great majority of your units and some cities have no units in there afterwards), this is debateable. However, at the moment it is balanced and there are some techniques of avoiding it (having a 10-health point difference (if you have 11 unhealthy points in one city, you need to have 21 or more); whipping down all your cities to that level; closing open borders; ....)

Of course, the feature is not really liked because it is absolutely a negative feature which punishes you. But if you are prepared, you can use it against your enemies ;-)

Well, you must have a really special case of the flu because none of these things that you mention happen any more. With a decent sized empire (8+ cities) and resources, plague usually stops around turn 7-8 for me, and as long as you stack your units appropriately (e.g. let your most useless units take the brunt, for me it's usually warriors early game or workers in late game), you will not be deprived of ALL your units, unless you have exactly 1 unit per city. Trade for health resources (demand them from your vassals if you have to), and whip your cities until they're healthy.

I haven't tried it, but medicine is supposed to stop plague within 1 turn of learning it.

The reason not everybody references to everything you said is that the majority of it does not make much sense. Also if you payed more attention there is always one or two civilizations that are completely unaffected by the plague. Also, if the plague is acting as it was programmed to, only a max of two units should die per city. When you say it never goes away I am assuming that you mean Medicine does not prevent you from getting plagues. It should, something is wrong with your game and you are making an enormous generalization to express your distress.

What does happen is that if you move your healthy units into another plagued city, they will start to get sick--all over again if they have just healed. So don't do a lot of troop movements in already diseased areas.

@jgbaxter
If you think that a mod is not functioning right, but if nobody else seems to be having the same trouble, or if many people seem to be having hard time understanding what is bothering you, think that you might have failed installing the mod properly or that your PC might be somehow "wrong."

For example, make sure that the mod is downloaded and extracted properly. You might have failed to fully download the zip file, or your unzipper might have failed to successfully unzip. So, download the file again and try again. If it still doesn't work, use another unzipper.

For example, make sure that your computer's standard language is set to English, French, German, Itanian, or Spanish. If not, change the standard language to one of them and try again.

For example, some programs simply do not function properly on some computers. It sometimes happens. I got two similar computers, but one can run Oracle but the other can't. Usually nobody can figure out why. In such cases, just use another computer.

Lastly, don't ever forget one thing: nobody has to read and fully understand all the sentences you write. You are not our boss, customer or suchlike.

It's hard to teach something to someone who don't know or cannot explain what his/her problem is.
Education is important, indeed.

1. Plague doesn't work at the best of times, it's only an interesting game concept to fix a problem with the mod- and that's fine, unrealistic but it makes the mod workable-ish.

2. THE CURRENT* plague as I've said and people don't read the words, KILLS EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE.

2a. Everything means all units and from all civs.

3. It doesn't go away, ever.

3a. NOT EVER, do you grasp the concept 'infinity'?

4. Medicine does not stop the plague.

In my experience every single one of your points are incorrect.

@jgbaxter I couldn't read your most recent post because I have blocked your username so that I don't have to read any more of your incorrect drivel.

Don't worry Blizzrd, you did not miss anything intelligent.

There is no bug. All I see is a person who is frustrated with a feature because they do not know how to deal with it in game. Now this person is purposefully trying to, and failing to,get everyone in this thread raving mad at them. If I recall you are the only person I have seen that has ever mentioned a bug with the plague. A true bug and not just a simple gripe about how it is sometimes annoying. You have to wonder why you are the only person with this issue, and stop assuming just because you have it everyone has it. Especially since no one has joined you in this tirade on this thread.

So seriously, please stop the plague for yourself and stop complaining about it.

Even if you had a bug you still ended up making a generalized statement that it is a problem everybody has. If you just kept to the thread you created, or the bugs thread, and vented there over that one issue there would be no problem.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Marsh squares are now pink, and half of every square next to them is pink too. Trying to get rid of them in world builder did nothing. Is anyone else having that problem? Or is it just me?!

Plus, when I loaded the game, I saw some sound error in the message box at the top of the screen. I haven't noticed any problems yet..

Sorry for the late feedback, but I just got back to playing RFC, and just got the new version.

Jiim, you just reminded me of the Family Guy episode where Lois had a sister (1:20). That was really funny... you completely changed the subject! :lol: :clap:

On topic: When I mess up with installing units, the new buttons are bright pink, and the units are red blobs (happens to everyone who has a messed up code). So I'm guessing part of the code is broken where the resource isn't hooked up right. Go to the pedia and look up the marsh... is the button also pink?

BTW... you should check out the smurfs at the beginning of the clip... so smurf'n hysterical. :lol:
.... I love family guy....

Yeah, I do that a lot. :lol: Unfortunately, my internet is too slow right now to load Family Guy fast enough for my patience. But I do love Family Guy.. :D

As for the marsh squares (thanks for responding), I figured out that the reason for the pinkness is that I had just updated to 3.19, and I guess that Firaxis's attempt to update RFC to 3.19 on it's own failed, which is why the squares are pink. So, I got the latest version of RFC and now it's perfectly fine again. But, despite the normal squares, my button is pink and always has been pink.. I don't know why, but I'm not too worried. Thanks again! :)

Warlords 2.13 version do it works with Civ 4 Warlords 2.13 Mac ?

Top Bottom