1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v1.987 – v1.487 – v1.187: THE FINAL PATCH

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Rhye, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

...and here it is! :king:

Make your own damned scenario! ;)

2. The Number Pi

The Number Pi Irrational Number

This is not the end, but a new beginning, a fresh start, and a bright future! Long live Rhye's and Fall of Civilization!

3. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Hear, hear! :king:

To show my appreciation I'm dedicating PyScenario (my scenario event scripting tool) to Rhye! :goodjob:

Also, I look forward to modding the hell out of this final release. :rolleyes: All for the future glory of RFC. :goodjob:

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

There seems to be no problem with the indentation. Thanks anyway.

5. nody

nody Chieftain

@ Baldyr:

You must be the happiest person on this forum. On top of the patch being released, Lena won the contest. Not that I agree, but she is hot so I'll forgive her.

Don't your fellow countrymen think you're a traitor? I know you're not German.

again @ Rhye: Are you going to update the stability maps? I would appreciate it.

PS I clicked on one of your ads. ;)

6. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

stability maps updated.

I've added one thing I forgot in the log:

- Retouched shape of the Siberian part of the European continent°°

7. nody

nody Chieftain

Many thanks! Didn't mean to rush you, of course you would have updated those maps.

Just wanted to remind you in case you forgot... :)

EDIT: I checked out the new maps and Mongolia had lost almost all yellow in China and Persia, WTF? Pardon my language. Also I miss New Sweden (yellow on Philadelphia) and Japanese yellow in China and Indochina.
    On the other hand, the Russian map is really great now with Vladivostok included.
    It's kinda bitter-sweet, but maybe I don't have the right 'picture'. I'll just need to play a while to really see the results, I guess.

What I found surprising: Spain in Alaska and America in the Ryukyu Islands.

Just curious: Is it remotely likely the AI settles in red or orange areas or is it pretty fixed they always go for the green and yellow?

8. Corossol

Corossol Optimist Prime

Thanks so much Rhye for this patch! Time for me to fire up WinDiff and try to incorporate it into RFCC. :)

You've done amazing things for the Civ community and I hope to have you on board in Civ5 someday!

9. Science Rules

Science Rules Chieftain

Thank you Rhye for all your hard work and dealing with all us pesky fans.:goodjob:

Does this mean the end of Rhyes and Fall of the Greek World as well?

My understanding had been that the project stalled because you were busy with the final patch.

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

My understanding was that Arkaeyn was doing Greek World now.

11. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

@ nody

Spoiler :
    Well, with the new patch and all, I think there is happiness all around. :goodjob: But sure, I couldn't be happier myself. It sure made my year! :king:

No one in Sweden seems to care about Eurovision since Sweden didn't make to the final, so I suppose it doesn't matter. And I rarely root for Sweden anyway - as the entries aren't always top-notch. But then again, I'm not Swedish by origin and I really don't care for nationalism myself - in any shape or form...

12. senturus

senturus Chieftain

Thanks for all this amazing work.

Thanks to this "mod" (which is closer to a stand-alone games which would use civ4 engine) Civilization IV has been one the games I've played the most. Rhye's and Fall is the one or the very few games I periodically want to play again, even after 6 months or more without any play.

Sure I'll make one (or several) more game(s) with this final patch.

13. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

You might be ignoring new requests, but I think this thread shows we can't stop ourselves making them :p

14. Proditor

Proditor Chieftain

I've never seen anyone mention this bug before so if it was mentioned it probably wasn't mentioned much.

In the japanese 3000 bc start, the work boats sometimes spawn in that inland coast tile and can't go anywhere, forcing you to move them in worldbuilder.

I didn't see this in the changelog. Has it been fixed?

15. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Thanks Rhye for what you have done till now... I'm curious to see if this is really the final patch ;)

16. nody

nody Chieftain

If you found your first city (probably Kyouto) you can move your workboat through the city. Hell, even if you found Oosaka or Matsuyama the problem is solved. This isn't a bug IMHO.

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's still a bug, even if there's a workaround. Except Rhye intended these boats to spawn in lakes.

18. nody

nody Chieftain

It's not a lake, it's coast.

19. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've verified that this is indeed the case. IMO, this is bad. It's better to know that something went wrong and that you need to re-do the autoplay than to not know. Guess I'll just have to memorize the starting turn of every civ now.

20. Danger Bird

Danger Bird gravity's angel

Thank you, Rhye, for all the work on these mods. You made both Civ III and Civ IV playable for me.

Not to mention, this last patch has lots of great tweaks and fixes. :goodjob: