v23 AI size 1 cities

gdambrauskas

Warlord
mp game: 2 human players, 4 AIs. I have 7 cities, AI stuck with 1.
AI can build tribes but they aren't? There seems a million animals on AI land, but AI isn't building any units to take them down. Strange (I played a test single player on settler, AI expanded normally). Maybe raging barbs affect too much for AI to take?

mp game: 2 human players, 4 AIs. I have 7 cities, AI stuck with 1.
AI can build tribes but they aren't? There seems a million animals on AI land, but AI isn't building any units to take them down. Strange (I played a test single player on settler, AI expanded normally). Maybe raging barbs affect too much for AI to take?

Post save game and it can be analysed to find out why they dont build tribes (or hunt). My guess would be that they have gotten themselves into financial difficulties somehow and that prevents them wanting to expand.

ai has surplus > 1k gold and they are making extra 11 gold each turn and ai is building lesser research... the only reason its city stands with 1 defender is that so far only animals are around.

Yeah I just give them settlers if they are not expanding fast enough. when i had 7 cities and most had about 3 (i start on ancient start not pre-historic) i just gave every civ about 3 settlers or some cities and an archer because i felt generous. that really kicked them into high gear. Soon there were a handful of civs who were out growing me and out teching me. This was on a deity start btw..

I've never really tried to debug a multiplayer game before, and I can't seem to get this save to load with cheat mode enabled (without which I have no access to debug info). I also can't get it to go into worldbuilder or reveal all land, so I can see what the AI is doing and where it is.

Does anyone know if multiplayer games need something extra to enable cheat mode/worldbuilder etc.?? Without this I'm rather stuck since I can't see anything of what the AI is doing.

I've never really tried to debug a multiplayer game before, and I can't seem to get this save to load with cheat mode enabled (without which I have no access to debug info). I also can't get it to go into worldbuilder or reveal all land, so I can see what the AI is doing and where it is.

Does anyone know if multiplayer games need something extra to enable cheat mode/worldbuilder etc.?? Without this I'm rather stuck since I can't see anything of what the AI is doing.

i think mp games have those things off to prevent people mucking with the game. I was though expecting you to run a debugger and add some breakpoints in cvplayer code:) but then again, i am fresh to this (i've been debugging some crashes in old rand game, was pain in the neck,since with the debug dll turns take >5 minutes to complete and often switching to debugger screen would crash the game completely).
Most likely this problem is not just mp game, might not be easy to replicate in a single player. Thanks for looking.

With some MP game formats you can just start the game AS the other player to see what they are up to.

This ones hot seat, and I can't access any but the human players. I can probably debug what the ai is doing 'blind', it's just harder

This ones hot seat, and I can't access any but the human players. I can probably debug what the ai is doing 'blind', it's just harder

i had no problem taking over any ai player, this is how i found out their money etc i often would load mp game on several other computers taking over ai (sometimes unit limit prevents ai completing the turn due to recursion on path/placement search, so taking over ai would fix the cycle)

i had no problem taking over any ai player, this is how i found out their money etc i often would load mp game on several other computers taking over ai (sometimes unit limit prevents ai completing the turn due to recursion on path/placement search, so taking over ai would fix the cycle)

How does one go about doing that in a multiple player game?

lan game->load->pick any civ? game starts, agree to remove not-present players and the game goes on.

I guess you can punt on this problem, if anyone hits it with a single player, should be much easier to fix it. After playing for 2 more hours, there's a constant string of ctds and oos in mp game, unplayable. Back to rand...thanks for all the help.

Ok, I've pinned this down. v23 is broken for multiplayer games with simultaneous turns set (the AI will never build any units pretty much).

I'll be pushing a fix to SVN shortly. Only MP sim. turn games should be effected.

I just registered as I am interested to know if this has been fixed in recent SVNs?
Me and my friend ran into this problem and were baffled at what could be the problem.

Also I was wondering what maps work on MP with simultanious turns and many of the possible settings(assimilation, revolutions, etc.). We always had OoS from start in C2Cteutonics and big&small map. Perfectworld and Perfectworld2f were the ones working, until we ran into this problem.

Any info on this would be welcome. Wouldn't want to hassle with tortoise and compiling if this has not been solved yet. Thank you in advance for help.

I just registered as I am interested to know if this has been fixed in recent SVNs?
Me and my friend ran into this problem and were baffled at what could be the problem.

Also I was wondering what maps work on MP with simultanious turns and many of the possible settings(assimilation, revolutions, etc.). We always had OoS from start in C2Cteutonics and big&small map. Perfectworld and Perfectworld2f were the ones working, until we ran into this problem.

Any info on this would be welcome. Wouldn't want to hassle with tortoise and compiling if this has not been solved yet. Thank you in advance for help.

Yes, this has been fixed for a month or so on the SVN.

Top Bottom